Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Preston - VW van centre

We've ordered a new Cali from Guy and found him to be very straight and unpushy. We are Fylde coast also. Delivery in 5 months - agony!

Guy at VW has exceeded our expectations in his excellent customer service skills. Quick response to emails & phone calls. A calm ,non push friendly manner. A rare salesperson in the VW world.

We bought our Cali from Preston and now use them for all servicing and repairs even though York is closer. We have found Preston to have much more of a clue and are more professional and reliable than York. Andy on the service desk is always really friendly and helpful, as is the Cali expert in the back.

We bought our Cali from Preston and now use them for all servicing and repairs even though York is closer. We have found Preston to have much more of a clue and are more professional and reliable than York. Andy on the service desk is always really friendly and helpful, as is the Cali expert in the back.

Just to reinforce all that's been said. We bought out ex-demonstrator Beach from VW Preston, 4 weeks ago.
Guy was knowledgeable, courteous and efficient. When you're handing over such a large sum of money you need to be dealing with someone you feel you can trust.

When Preston vw put our winter tyres on the wheels got damaged. In less than a week everything was sorted, they came to our house, swapped the wheels over, took them away to repair or replace, came back and put new wheels on at our house. Ross in reception and the chap who came to our house were instantly helpful and extremely courteous.

good service but they did damage it to start with.

Yep we had nothing but excellent service from them - though we now us Hadwins in Grange as they're a lot closer - no complaints about them either

But yes they didn't damage anything!

Is this some kind of code ???
I´m sure i´ve seen it more than once.

I am gradually tidying the section up and introducing some conformity into the thread titles as "stupid tossers who messed up my cali" does not really give an indication of who messed it up and where they are :D

To do this I have first to start a thread and then merge other threads into it.

I am gradually tidying the section up and introducing some conformity into the thread titles as "stupid tossers who messed up my cali" does not really give an indication of who messed it up and where they are :D

To do this I have first to start a thread and then merge other threads into it.
I see.
At first i thought you were going mad, then i thought i was.:D
Whilst your at it can you tell me why you have this :thefinger on.
Or when it should be used.
Maybe it could be a - use the search function- emoji. :bananadance2and that should
go with the worried wives tread, i mean thread.

Guy a Preston it a top man nothing too much bother,really nice bloke plus no sales bull

Haven't written anything about Guy since buying Rosie last March, but can only echo many previous comments as to how helpful and knowledgeable he was throughout the process, a stark contrast to the others we spoke to before.

Guy also had to put in a lot of extra legwork to deal with HMRC, VAT forms and an endless stream of incomprehensible customs codings, and did so completely without complaint. I know exactly where the next one will come from... :)

Haven't written anything about Guy since buying Rosie last March, but can only echo many previous comments as to how helpful and knowledgeable he was throughout the process, a stark contrast to the others we spoke to before.

Guy also had to put in a lot of extra legwork to deal with HMRC, VAT forms and an endless stream of incomprehensible customs codings, and did so completely without complaint. I know exactly where the next one will come from... :)
He’s one of the good guys
And did us proud too

We too drove to Preston from Suffolk to get our van(demonstrator with 50 mls on clock). Cheaper than near to us and they were very helpful. Although East Anglia dealers also seemed helpful. Our nearest VW van dealer services our van and are good too but do not sell California Vans so we went again to Preston to have a tow bar fitted. They were very flexible on dates as we decided to tow a caravan to a campsite nearby with our car. They updated us on state of the work. When it was ready my husband took the car home and returned to the area 2 days later by train then we headed to Scotland towing the caravan by the van. A great combination as we could leave the bikes in the van and it towed really well.

Its been a while since this thread re VW Preston, Lancashire has been added to, and I experienced great service over the last few days so I'll take the opportunity to update things.
My T6 Ocean 204 2016 has been in for some EGR work covered under the extended warranty purchased when the vehicle was new. I am told that Job would have cost circa £1200, so Im understandably pleased the warranty paid off. MOT also passed with flying colours, and a cambelt/water pump all changed out - topped off with the California club discount at 10% (that I barely had to mention before it was instantly taken off the invoice). Im also pleased that the 4th and final free service under my service plan can be postponed until next year without issue because of the low miles in the last 12 months.
I have experienced nothing but great service from Preston since buying the Cali from Guy in 2016, and Ive dealt with Andy on the service desk previously. On this occasion Keith handled my work professionally and kept me well informed throughout - given they had the van for 3 days and I was catching a train the pick it up. Great service from the dealership and well done. Thankyou.

I’ll second the above
Preston and guy are fantastic
Definitely a pleasure to deal with every time

Time to add my :thumb too.

We spent a year looking at conversions and couldn't see the wood for the trees, decided to look at a cali Beach just to give ourselves a 'standard' to compare against - told Guy exactly this, so it's not like he could assume a sale from us visiting but he couldn't have been more helpful, and let the van sell itself - I think that's the key. We left knowing we'd seen what we'd been looking for.

A hard sell is something that really turns us off, we'll walk away if we're not being given the space to think for ourselves. We've never felt like that at Preston, Guys angle seems to be that he's more there to guide you into making the right decisions for yourself - even to the point of questioning if we *really* wanted some of the options we'd listed on the day we ordered the van.

The service department have also matched Guys attitude. Helpful and courteous to a fault. This was my first van, first 'bought new' vehicle, first campervan, etc, etc, and I've never been made to feel like a dumb newbie.

In other words, highly recommended!

Pleased to see my local dealership is top. Made a few quotation enquiries which were respondEd to rapidly by Guy. Ordered a new Ocean this week which was painless. I hadn’t seen a Cali in the flesh until this week, Guy left us to it then came to see if we had any questions. Great experience.