Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Peterborough - VW van centre

Hammer

Hammer

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
I purchased my California through a private seller when it was 4 months old so this was my first trip to a dealer (other than a diabolical test drive I experienced at VW Leicester where the sales guy know next to nothing about the California!). I built up a list of small snags and decided to get sorted before Summer kicks in so booked in to VW Peterborough. All went well as really nice guys working on service and spares side and very helpful, they ended up keeping my cali for a few days extra than expected (no big issue with that). When i returned to collect my Cali I went out to the car park and on opening the door saw black greasy hand prints all over the place! Also i found a plastic trim had been forced off with a screw drive which had damaged it! I quickly got the service manager involved and they cleaned up and apologised etc.

One of the snags i had was the window over the sink was not closing correctly and to correct this they changed the whole side window. When i got home i noticed the new window was no flush and inline with rear window, then to my horror i spotted broken glass on my work top and loads of glass inside my cupboards! I took the cali in to VW Peterborough next day top show the manager the problems.

The cali went back in this week to have another window fitted and full clean out, and to be far they had sorted the problems and all my snags are now clear. This really is not what you expect from a dealer but they have solved the issues and i will give them another chance before taking my business else where.

A balanced review there Hammer. It sounds like the Sales Manager clearly gripped matters when brought to his / her attention (I appreciate that that doesn't make everything alright).

Also fair to say that you would give them another go.

I learnt from a very similar experience. Check everything before you leave the garage and I mean everything. Never been in a rush to get back to work like I was.
I had scuff marks and a size 10 footprint in my van when I lifted the carpet. :box:
I won't mention which centre.

Back