Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Privacy glass

We opted for no privacy glass and so far don't regret it. You can always have it fitted afterwards anyway.

A Cali with no tint is like having tent without pole

the rare times I have seen a camper van without a tint it looks most odd and those sat inside look like fish in a tank.
Of course when occupying their front seats they are never turned into fish despite the lack of tint?

The dealer clarified the following re. glazing options for current Cali. I enclose as may be useful for another buyer.

1. Leave the vehicle as it is and it will have light tints all round

2. Privacy Glass with Heat Insulation gives you darkened ‘privacy’ tints on all the windows apart from the windscreen and cab windows.

3. Laminated Glass Pack gives you No. 2 above plus laminated driver & front passenger windows which give you better security and also better sound & heat insulation. Laminated glass is essentially a ‘sandwich’ which consists of two thin layers of glass and a layer of polythene in the centre. As it has this polythene layer, if also gives you better resistance against breaking in to the vehicle by smashing the window.

The dealer clarified the following re. glazing options for current Cali. I enclose as may be useful for another buyer.

1. Leave the vehicle as it is and it will have light tints all round

2. Privacy Glass with Heat Insulation gives you darkened ‘privacy’ tints on all the windows apart from the windscreen and cab windows.

3. Laminated Glass Pack gives you No. 2 above plus laminated driver & front passenger windows which give you better security and also better sound & heat insulation. Laminated glass is essentially a ‘sandwich’ which consists of two thin layers of glass and a layer of polythene in the centre. As it has this polythene layer, if also gives you better resistance against breaking in to the vehicle by smashing the window.
Nos 3 not much use regarding Security if the other windows to the rear are not also laminated.

Back