Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Choice of 2 Oceans

Option 1, its done the first year of depreciation and the money you saved you can spend of loads of accessories and holidays.

i had after market tow bar fitted and wasn't expensive ( didn't use VW) called around and got quotes and with parking sensors had a fixed tow bar for around £300 with EU electrics. i have an ex demo and find odd small things missing like the small screw adjustor on the table leg for table that goes outside....minor and not a deal breaker obviously.
if you join there is a very helpful list of the things you should have when you collect cali, worth it to ensure nothing missing especially if did option 1. i'd go option 1 on spec, and colour who cares you'll love it whatever as its a cali- happy travels...

if your trying dealer extras for free..... a small one i have which use all the time is the cigarette lighter torch which is super handy and very reasonable strong light for what it is. Monster mats is another one they like to throw in.....

Option 2 for me.
Newer reg for ultimate reselling value. 1 owner which again helps resale. If trading in dealer requests info if it's been used for Hire.
Privacy glass isn't 'private' you have to add a tint film if like me you want actual privacy.

May only be 'snob' value but I'd tend to think that I'd have a lesser status vehicle if it was ex rental. No need for responses to that.

But then the actual difference in new price is £3K so only £3K saving if looked at from a different angle.
Now I'm unsure, good luck.

As they say go with your gut feeling as that's what you'll live with.

Definitely option 2 and also go with the extended warranty.