Privacy glass

The Blue Merle

The Blue Merle

4x4 joker
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Ive seen a van I like ticks nearly all boxes apart from it doesn’t have privacy glass in the rear. Dealer said they can get the glass spray coated, anyone had it done?
Not sure how you would do the glass by wardrobe.

Ive seen a van I like ticks nearly all boxes apart from it doesn’t have privacy glass in the rear. Dealer said they can get the glass spray coated, anyone had it done?
Not sure how you would do the glass by wardrobe.

Do they spray the outside? Or apply a film?

The dealer just said they spray the glass not sure if it’s inside or out. It put me off a little, I’m trying to hold out for the right van to turn up.
Looking for a 150 manual 4motion nearly new.

Mine came with privacy glass but I wanted it darker so had extra tint put on. It was a film that they applied to the inside and I am delighted with it. Not sure about it being sprayed ?:Nailbiting
Does he actually know or is he just guessing that happens when it goes off to the tinting company. Might be worth asking to speak with them directly.

If the glass is the only issue from it being an ideal it would not be a deal breaker for me, I would just get it tinted (or get the dealer to do it)

If the glass is the only issue from it being an ideal it would not be a deal breaker for me, I would just get it tinted (or get the dealer to do it)
It’s the same colour as my old van indium grey which is a lovely colour, but did fancy a change and wanted rear shower for hosing woof off.
Someone told me about a portable karcher so can live without shower.

You can have a tint applied for around £200. It's not a spray, it's a film and it's applied to the inside.

You can specify degrees of tint, or degrees of light, from around 50% to around 5%, the so-called limo tint.

5% is excellent for stopping all but the most determined snooper with nose up against the glass but does make the interior dark, great for the summer but gloomy for the winter, as I'm about to find out :(

Mine came with privacy glass but I wanted it darker so had extra tint put on. It was a film that they applied to the inside and I am delighted with it. Not sure about it being sprayed ?:Nailbiting
Does he actually know or is he just guessing that happens when it goes off to the tinting company. Might be worth asking to speak with them directly.
He just said they don’t use foil but spray, didn’t go any further into it as wasn’t 100% sure I want the same colour van as my old one.

You can have a tint applied for around £200. It's not a spray, it's a film and it's applied to the inside.

You can specify degrees of tint, or degrees of light, from around 50% to around 5%, the so-called limo tint.

5% is excellent for stopping all but the most determined snooper with nose up against the glass but does make the interior dark, great for the summer but gloomy for the winter, as I'm about to find out :(
Did they fit the tint behind wardrobe too?

Are you having 5% all round?

Mine is somewhere between factory privacy glass (which it came with) and the limo tint. It is just right. I never really felt as though the factory privacy glass was quite dark enough in my old van.

Not the right van, def need privacy glass as the added tint isn’t going to be able to go behind wardrobe then.
I need a different colour van too or I’ll think I still have my old T5
If anyone sees a manual T6 4motion up for sale let me know.

Are you having 5% all round?

I've had 5% all round :shocked

not the bloke you recommended, sadly, a bloke more local to me.

He has agreed to "undo" and "redo" but to be honest I am not wholly unhappy with it, especially this summer when it has kept the van remarkably cool.

Vanessa's T25 has limo tint on it, privacy is amazing, you literally can't tell anyone is inside unless they have lights on in the dark and it helps the temperatures in summer incredibly well. For me its a bit too dark however.

It’s the same colour as my old van indium grey which is a lovely colour, but did fancy a change and wanted rear shower for hosing woof off.
Someone told me about a portable karcher so can live without shower.

Shower can be retrofitted, parts are about £100

film is the way to go. it provides UVA protection which you do not get from factory option which is just dyed glass. also can choose the amount of tint that suits your needs.

Does anyone have a recommendation for the south of England (Portsmouth way) for someone who could apply the film? . Don’t fancy attempting it myself

Does anyone have a recommendation for the south of England (Portsmouth way) for someone who could apply the film? . Don’t fancy attempting it myself

Deffo dont do it yourself. I only have a name in the northwest. sorry

monsterwrap hedge end southampton

Mine had film on the inside windows. It was done by the previous owner. It looks like a US Special Service vehicle. Black paint and windows are virtually black as well. As Granny Jen said it is a bit gloomy in winter but no one can see in and it is cooler in the summer. Full stealth mode.

image.png Recomemded Southampton
http://sctints.co.uk/
I've had two vehicles tinted in recent years, fantastic sevice and quality - Phil is a perfectionist
Looks dark from the outside, but light inside - looking out bit like wearing sunglasses
SCT Highly recommended

How do you guys that have had tints match up the bit behind the wardrobe ? All the Cali's I have seen with aftermarket tint look like the fitted for got to do a window, I would be interested to see images of the nearside as I have always wanted to have it done but put off by mismatched look.

Back