Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Problem with my RNS 510

ROKET

ROKET

roket
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
The problem is that in the last three weeks it stops working and starts making a loud booming sound through the speakers without the radio or sound systems on.The first time it did it i had just unlocked the door and thought the noise was coming from the engine it is intermitant.I have it booked in but just thought somebody might have some ideas.cheers.Ron

The problem is that in the last three weeks it stops working and starts making a loud booming sound through the speakers without the radio or sound systems on.The first time it did it i had just unlocked the door and thought the noise was coming from the engine it is intermitant.I have it booked in but just thought somebody might have some ideas.cheers.Ron

Strange.

You could try resetting / rebooting the unit.

Hold both the left and right arrows (top left of unit) and the star (top right of unit) down all at the same time for about 10 seconds and the unit should restart.

Thanks reserves i did that even though it was working this morning hope that might cure it Thanks again.

Did you get this sorted out?
I had a problem today with ours. Absolutely nothing worked except radio 2 at low volume. No nav, media, rear camera, parking, anything and none of the steering wheel controls worked.
I whipped the unit out and just pushed all the plugs in well and now all OK again so just a bad connection somewhere, perhaps just vibrated loose

Did you get this sorted out?
I had a problem today with ours. Absolutely nothing worked except radio 2 at low volume. No nav, media, rear camera, parking, anything and none of the steering wheel controls worked.
I whipped the unit out and just pushed all the plugs in well and now all OK again so just a bad connection somewhere, perhaps just vibrated loose
The problem was still there so i booked it in at my local vw van center they replaced it under garantee