Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Problem with the electric door T5

malopezn

malopezn

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hello all,
after reading several posts and searching info about this kind of problem with the electric slide door i am going to explain mine and the steps i am doing to solve it.
As I told in my presentation, i purchase a T5 California some weeks ago,. It has a electric slide door that worked well, it opened and closed from the dash and the remote. Well, the open button at the dash was a bit crazy flashing sometime, but it worked.
One thing i like to do in my vehicles is installing a fast connector to maintain the start battery, so I disconnected the main battery and installed the connecter for the ctek maintainer. So, after doing this the electric door did not work anymore.
First, someone told me to disconnect the aux batteries (one under the driver seat and one back under the wardrobe) wait dome hours and connect again. I did and this did not work.
After this I checked the 15A fuses under the driver seat. One of the was broken, I replaced and nothing. doesn't work.
I rescued an old vag com I have from a golf i had and connected to the T5. It detect a malfunction at the 00003 Control Module error 014 Defective. The part number is 7H0 959 243 J for the reg 78 slide right door.
So now I have to look at this control module. Anyone know where is it? Also, I have read that there is a 40A fuse for this module, but i can't find it.
I would like to disconnect and connect the module, because it was working, ir is very strange it suddenly died.
Any ideas are welcome, thanks in advance,
MA

Hello all,
after reading several posts and searching info about this kind of problem with the electric slide door i am going to explain mine and the steps i am doing to solve it.
As I told in my presentation, i purchase a T5 California some weeks ago,. It has a electric slide door that worked well, it opened and closed from the dash and the remote. Well, the open button at the dash was a bit crazy flashing sometime, but it worked.
One thing i like to do in my vehicles is installing a fast connector to maintain the start battery, so I disconnected the main battery and installed the connecter for the ctek maintainer. So, after doing this the electric door did not work anymore.
First, someone told me to disconnect the aux batteries (one under the driver seat and one back under the wardrobe) wait dome hours and connect again. I did and this did not work.
After this I checked the 15A fuses under the driver seat. One of the was broken, I replaced and nothing. doesn't work.
I rescued an old vag com I have from a golf i had and connected to the T5. It detect a malfunction at the 00003 Control Module error 014 Defective. The part number is 7H0 959 243 J for the reg 78 slide right door.
So now I have to look at this control module. Anyone know where is it? Also, I have read that there is a 40A fuse for this module, but i can't find it.
I would like to disconnect and connect the module, because it was working, ir is very strange it suddenly died.
Any ideas are welcome, thanks in advance,
MA
The 40 amp fuse is on Fuse Holder SF, under the Passenger seat RHD, so I presume under your drivers seat along with a 80 amp fuse for the split charge relay.

IMG_2260.jpeg

Attachments

• cali_fuse_layout-2.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Thank so much!! solved!

I located the 40 Amp fuse under the driver seat and took it out. I measure continuity and it was ok. I then closed the door in manual mode, and with the slide door closed and after 40 minutes i plugged the 40Amp fuse again and now it works.
Some people told me that the slide door is powered by the leisure batteries. This is not my case, mine is powered by the start battery.
This is my experience, if it can help.
Thanks!

Thank so much!! solved!

I located the 40 Amp fuse under the driver seat and took it out. I measure continuity and it was ok. I then closed the door in manual mode, and with the slide door closed and after 40 minutes i plugged the 40Amp fuse again and now it works.
Some people told me that the slide door is powered by the leisure batteries. This is not my case, mine is powered by the start battery.
This is my experience, if it can help.
Thanks!
Always powered by the vehicle engine battery.

Back