Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Programmable feature with Carista?

Update on the heated mirrors....

Auto on-off with the rear heated windscreen works, however it disables the switch to heat just the mirrors (drivers door). Found out when Mrs S complained they weren't working yesterday!
yes I remember asking that same question and the tech said that the mirrors are switch on the mirror is disabled. Something else I may leave as it is. Beginning to wonder why I spent the cash on one of these :)

...message ends...

I might just wait for you to try all the options and then report back with the ones you like,
;)

:pinkbanana

To set this you just set the region to Aus, this then give the "Digit Speed" then you have to untick the "Alt Speed" Option ? Here's one I might employ ;-)
Seems to work with the other country options too, so I'm not sure why all the advice is to use Australia?
There is also a caution on the Carista menu about the country setting changing light options too - no idea what effect it has, couldn't see any changes...
I at actually think I'm more likely to use the large display when abroad, having changed to kph.

yes I remember asking that same question and the tech said that the mirrors are switch on the mirror is disabled. Something else I may leave as it is. Beginning to wonder why I spent the cash on one of these :)

...message ends...
After discussion, we are leaving the heated mirrors on the rear screen with. The door switch is too easy to forget about and leave on.

Even one change which works for you with Carista, and the fault checking/light resetting is worth it when it would be £40 just to plug it in at a dealer. I inadvertantly disconnected a wire under the seat in our T5 with the key in the ignition (not on, just in the keyhole) and got the airbag light on, that's when I got a VCDS cable/software, saved it's cost on that alone. It also helped me diagnose overboost issues - worth it in the long run.

After discussion, we are leaving the heated mirrors on the rear screen with. The door switch is too easy to forget about and leave on.

Even one change which works for you with Carista, and the fault checking/light resetting is worth it when it would be £40 just to plug it in at a dealer. I inadvertantly disconnected a wire under the seat in our T5 with the key in the ignition (not on, just in the keyhole) and got the airbag light on, that's when I got a VCDS cable/software, saved it's cost on that alone. It also helped me diagnose overboost issues - worth it in the long run.
Even if you leave the Wing Mirror heater ON, it turns OFF after a set interval. It does not remain on. Just the same as the rear Window Heater. Well, thats how it works on my T5.1

Even if you leave the Wing Mirror heater ON, it turns OFF after a set interval. It does not remain on. Just the same as the rear Window Heater. Well, thats how it works on my T5.1
Thanks for this info, I wasn't sure that they did time out.
That said, is the T5 switch at a set position? The T6 is, so even if it turns off after a set time, the mirror heater reactivates next time you get in as the switch is still at that point on the dial, whereas the rear windscreen needs to be pressed again, if required.
We'll see how the new settings go, it's useful to have the alternatives.

Thanks for this info, I wasn't sure that they did time out.
That said, is the T5 switch at a set position? The T6 is, so even if it turns off after a set time, the mirror heater reactivates next time you get in as the switch is still at that point on the dial, whereas the rear windscreen needs to be pressed again, if required.
We'll see how the new settings go, it's useful to have the alternatives.
The switch is at a pre-set position. It does not activate when the ignition is switched on, it has to be moved away and back to the heating position. I checked this with a temperature probe. That is for the T5.1. Could be different for the T6, but I doubt it.

The switch is at a pre-set position. It does not activate when the ignition is switched on, it has to be moved away and back to the heating position. I checked this with a temperature probe. That is for the T5.1. Could be different for the T6, but I doubt it.
OK, I will check again (weekend at the earliest).

Several fill ups and no numbers on the fuel remaining display... Pointless.

Hmm seems a bit odd. I've still not made any lasting changes to mine yet. I am going to do the digital display and the tear wipe. I reverted back to open all doors on first click, other than that its stock.

...me...

Several fill ups and no numbers on the fuel remaining display... Pointless.
Turned off everything in MFD display except Digital Display, Avg Consumption.
MFD now shows only those + range, ad blue range.

Mike

Hmm seems a bit odd. I've still not made any lasting changes to mine yet. I am going to do the digital display and the tear wipe. I reverted back to open all doors on first click, other than that its stock.

...me...
My free month is up this week. Not sure whether to pay the dosh. Might cancel and subscribe if I need it later.
Just been reading about a similar device, obdeleven, that seems to have more tweaks available, is available in Europe and the Golf forums seem to praise it. It can do more of the recoding, though not to the level of vagcom.
https://obdeleven.com
Sadly the app is tied to their one blue tooth device.
Pro version, which is device +pro app is €54.99 which is about £47.20 making is a cheaper option than Carista + annual subscription.

Did Carista ever come up with the goods for the T6?
Just realised that at long last Carista has updated their app to provide T6 customisations. When did they do so?

I've had a play. TBH there's not a whole lot that I really care about. But the ability to change the display to KM and KM/h when on the continent will be useful.

I was fortunate enough to buy the Pro version of the app before they changed to a monthly subscription. It does appear that I still have access to all the pro features without having to pay monthly.

Just realised that at long last Carista has updated their app to provide T6 customisations. When did they do so?

I've had a play. TBH there's not a whole lot that I really care about. But the ability to change the display to KM and KM/h when on the continent will be useful.

I was fortunate enough to buy the Pro version of the app before they changed to a monthly subscription. It does appear that I still have access to all the pro features without having to pay monthly.
Yes, version 3.4 has T6 but some anomalies... You can change to KM/KPH on the MFD, but on Carista some of the units will not write to the ECU, the MFD overrules, so it's all metric or all Imperial. Sadly, though, the large MFD speed display stays in mph whatever, so less use on the continent than hoped, I'll turn on the alt display and return the small KPH to the row above the ACC speed.

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
I'm still getting Beta versions free and got the latest only today. I suspect though that nothing fundamental is going to change as today's update was to provide Russian language support and bug fixes I'll give it a try in the next few days.

Mike

Eventually got around to changing mine today. I maybe wrong but I set the region to Europe/Other and it seems to have given me the large MPH display but no need to change the units back to UK.

Added the tear wipe and quick flash to four instead of three, added the refuel to the MFD, but @Stoneybroke I think said this did nothing?

..me..

Can't get the doors to auto lock. Have selected unlock when key is taken out of ignition. Nothing. Also when I try getting the speedo up on mfd and change it to Australia all that does is change trip and mileage to km. hmmm. Rather underwhelmed at the mo. A lot of money for tear wipe and four indicator flashes!!!
Has anyone got any advice?

Just checked mine. I have the first four set to yes in customization - Doors ...

I was trying to post some screen shots then the phone decided it was tune for a reboot!
There are some step by step guides for the digital mph display. You need to alter the settings to

MFD. Australian on Carista. Then go back to MFD menus and on setting menu the Alt Display box has appeared. Check that using the steering wheel button, then the big display appears.
MFD again to change for kph to mph, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: DM
Might have another play today. I agree the value is dubious. Glad I got in before they started charging a subscription.

Back