Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Programmable feature with Carista?

My Carista arrived this morning App version 3.2 allowed me to configure everything I wanted other than changing KPH to MPH on the MFD. Do I need to use Australia as the location?

My Carista arrived this morning App version 3.2 allowed me to configure everything I wanted other than changing KPH to MPH on the MFD. Do I need to use Australia as the location?
I believe so.

Thanks WelshGas. MPH now apprears after using Australia as the location. Thank you.

The setting to lock all doors when moving despite being enabled has no effect. Has anybody with a Carista managed to get this to work?

Thanks WelshGas. MPH now apprears after using Australia as the location. Thank you.

The setting to lock all doors when moving despite being enabled has no effect. Has anybody with a Carista managed to get this to work?

If you switch on - Door locking when moving & Door unlocking on key removal - then everything works.

All doors lock on reaching 5 km/hr.
Individual door unlocked by pulling handle x 2 from inside
All doors unlocked using Lock/Unlock switch on drivers door panel
All doors unlocked on removing key from ignition.

Try setting the locking again and then leave the system to sleep over night and test when you drive off in the morning.
Some modules need a reset before the new coding is read on startup.

I had this done at the dealer and it failed the first time on a second visit it showed that it was set. "Master" technician removed the option and then re-added and it worked immediately.

...message ends...

It works on the T5, but you may also have to turn on "Auto-unlock doors when key is taken out of ignition" to get it to work.

Finally got large mph display using Carista.
IMG_8095.JPG

Need to also untick 'Alt Display' in MFD settings menu. This gives new option in MFD of Digital Speed, tick that and all done. (Credit to post 4th Sept, 'Pauly' for that info.)

Also changed:-
Door unlocking to 1press drivers door, 2 presses all doors
Coming home lights to dipped lights, 30secs
Beep on lock/unlock
Needle sweep on startup.

All the above done within a couple of mins of plugging the hardware in, the mph took a bit longer till I did unticked 'Alt Display'

Got mine too, not sure, looking at the options what I would change. The only thing seems to be the large digital mph read out and wing mirrors on when rear heater is on.
Enabled driver's door lock since it was free. Not sure if that tweak will stay yet.

... Message ends...

Carista plugged in and changed:-
Auto locking when moving & unlock all doors when ignition key removed.
More stuff to be tested as time goes by.

Just to confirm that the auto locking is working as expected, Mrs S far happier.
Also the change to put the heated mirrors on when activating the rear heated window works - no more forgetting to turn them off as the timer on the rear windscreen controls the mirrors too.
The bleep confirmations for locking/unlocking also work, but too loud, so deactivated (am I the only person that misses the single indicator flash for locking?)

Just to confirm that the auto locking is working as expected, Mrs S far happier.
Also the change to put the heated mirrors on when activating the rear heated window works - no more forgetting to turn them off as the timer on the rear windscreen controls the mirrors too.
The bleep confirmations for locking/unlocking also work, but too loud, so deactivated (am I the only person that misses the single indicator flash for locking?)

I wondered what the fuel remaining in the MFD looks like.

...message ends...

Last edited:
Heated mirrors turn Off automatically after about 5 mins. At least they do on my T5.1. Tested that with a temperature probe and monitor as I was worried they would stay on.

Heated mirrors turn Off automatically after about 5 mins. At least they do on my T5.1. Tested that with a temperature probe and monitor as I was worried they would stay on.
Update on the heated mirrors....

Auto on-off with the rear heated windscreen works, however it disables the switch to heat just the mirrors (drivers door). Found out when Mrs S complained they weren't working yesterday!

Finally got large mph display using Carista.
View attachment 18218
Also changed:-

Coming home lights to dipped lights, 30secs
'

Did this have any effect? I haven't got auto lights, but this should work with normal headlights, but can't seem to get the coming home option working with the headlight mainbeam method described in the manual...

Back