Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Programmable feature with Carista?

Well, sometimes I like to have fun and do some sliding as with my BMW where I can turn it off.
So for the odd occasion when you are drifting your Cali, :confused: you simply press the button on the dash to temporally turn if off?

Well, that only turns off ASR, it wont let the rear wheels out an inch, power is reduced to a minimum. It is better than previous VW where a minimum of wheel spin disabled the throttle for 10 seconds. Volvos system are in this case more allowing.

What sort of things can you, or are you hoping to programme?

I would like a couple of simple things: -

doors to lock at 10/15mph (possible on T5)
Change MFD speed from kph to mph
Fold mirrors on locking (this may be impossible reading some forums)

Ditto here for all three.

Having speed on MFD in km/hr is a real pain.

I had the dealer set the option for locking all doors when moving about 15Kmh. Technician confirmed that auto fold mirrors is not available.

Thanks that's good to know.

They have emailed me asking how it went.

Someone asked about getting door mirrors to auto fold on ignition off which would be handy so I've made a request.

Mike
As to to mirrors auto fold on ignition off. Just a thought the more you fold the mirrors, the very thin wires that are inside harden and then snap and things stop working. End result, BIG BILL. I would turn in when needed.

As to to mirrors auto fold on ignition off. Just a thought the more you fold the mirrors, the very thin wires that are inside harden and then snap and things stop working. End result, BIG BILL. I would turn in when needed.
My Touareg mirrors folded in and out automatically every time and never had an issue with them for 6 years.
The Touareg has door modules that control the mirrors and the auto dipping when in reverse but the Transporter doesn't have the door modules.

Are the beta features you tested in the marketplace app yet?
Don't believe so as my app still says Beta Version. Version in App Store says 3.1.1 updated 12th oct. Worth a try. Don't want to on mine as I reckon it would overwrite my Beta version which is working.

Mike

Forget the last I went for it and a link they gave me allows me to revert back to beta version. I will try latest version in next day or so. Looking at it I don't think it will work.

Mike

Are the beta features you tested in the marketplace app yet?
OK checked this morning and the App version 3.1.1 does not give the features of my Beta.
Was able to revert to Beta app and it says I have 34 days left so hopefully they will soonish.

Mike

Have you made any of the customisations with the beta. The more I get used to the California the less I think I'll need to tinker with these

Have you made any of the customisations with the beta. The more I get used to the California the less I think I'll need to tinker with these
No I haven't as I think I agree with you. Main reason for having it is fault diagnosis and ability to reset which I was able to do on my Touran saving it's cost already.
There is also the issue that I'm giving this one back so reluctant to change anything as I would only change it back prior to returning it and don't want any issues if I had a problem.

Mike

Received a new beta version tonight so will test soonish. T6 is now named as supported vehicle so I suspect after testing this version will be released soon.

Mike

Hi Mike

How do you join the beta programme?

Received a new beta version tonight so will test soonish. T6 is now named as supported vehicle so I suspect after testing this version will be released soon.

Mike

Back