Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Programmable feature with Carista?

Thanks MattBW.

Could anyone help change my door locking to auto with a Carista as Main dealer says it can’t be done .We are near Christchurch/ Bournemouth / Poole ? This would be much appreciated especially by my wife Caligirl . Many thanks .

I'm not far away in N Dorset and I have done mine. PM me if you want a hand.

I just recieved my Carista.
I tried it right away and the app reported 22 faults detected.
Is this normal?

Is this normal?

Stop the vehicle... run away !

Maybe if they haven't been cleared by a garage, but that does sound a lot. It depends on what they are though of course.

Is this normal?
If you ever try to start it with a flat battery you can get loads logged.

Its normal practice to clear all faults, drive the vehicle and test again.

Ok, I have booked a service appointment as soon as the shop can, which is mid April to look at the Glow error I get sometimes so I guess I will wait until that is finished.

I'm not far away in N Dorset and I have done mine. PM me if you want a hand.
Thanks Walrus. I don’t have a Carista yet . Really it’s just auto lock doors that my wife would like . Was it easy to set up ?

Thanks Walrus. I don’t have a Carista yet . Really it’s just auto lock doors that my wife would like . Was it easy to set up ?

Easy enough. I just fiddled until it worked. I did my daughters in about 5 minutes. As I said, if you want to I'm happy to meet somewhere and do it for you.

Easy enough. I just fiddled until it worked. I did my daughters in about 5 minutes. As I said, if you want to I'm happy to meet somewhere and do it for you.

That would be great Walrus . I’ll Pm you .

I have a Carista going spare having also got an OBDeleven.
Antoine care to make an offer?

Just to resurect an old thread.
Bought a Carista which has enabled me to......
i. Get rid of seatbelt ding dong bell.
ii. Stop rear wiper going off when selecting reverse with front wipers on.
iii. Have DRL light go out on the side indicating, for that indicator to be more visible.
iv. First press key fob, unlock, driver door only. Second press,unlock, all doors.
v. Indicators no longer programmed for ‘lane change’. On or off at will.
vi. And the reason for buying the thing in the first place, doors all lock when driving off and unlock when drawing the ignition key.
Oh, and vii. ‘Tear wipe’ when using screen wash.
Interesting bit of kit.

Last edited:
I agree, though have an obdeleven which had more features, is more flexible and cheaper overall.

I got a Carista dongle & app in 2016 & successfully made some minor changes:
- Auto-lock doors when moving
- Auto-unlock doors when key out
- Auto-enable rear wipe in Reverse (NO)
- Horn works with ignition off

Following some work by my VW dealer, I noticed (some time later) that these changes had reverted to factory settings.

I just dug out Carista & was pleased to find it still worked & I changed back to my preferences OK.

But there was one little surprise:
For the Auto-lock & Auto-unlock, I now have a choice between "Method A" & "Method B"....
These options were not there in 2016.
I couldn't find any explanation.

I tried Method A & it seems to work OK (short test).

Anybody know what Method A & Method B are?

Thanks!

But there was one little surprise:
For the Auto-

Anybody know what Method A & Method B are?

Thanks!

I wondered about that. Went with option a which switched on both a & b.
Selecting option b did nothing .
Am pleased to have sorted it in any event but will watch for reset ( as well as oily prints everywhere) next visit to dealer! :cheers

I've just ordered one so looking forward to seeing what I can change

So mine arrived and so far changed the following:

Added the beep on locking and unlocking
Central locking automatic upon 10 miles per hour
Added the big mph display in settings
5 flashes on the indicators instead of 3

So mine arrived and so far changed the following:

Central locking automatic upon 10 miles per hour
5 flashes on the indicators instead of 3
I was surprised that our hire car in the US beeped when it was locked/unlocked, felt very antisocial until I read the manual and cancelled it. Presumably sounding your horn whilst stationary/after 11.30 pm is still an offence?

How big is the big speed display? Is it the only read out displayed on the digital when selected or does it still include the other irrelevant info like outside temp, time etc? And Am I correct in assuming that it would also display km/h if metric units were selected?

How big is the big speed display? Is it the only read out displayed on the digital when selected or does it still include the other irrelevant info like outside temp, time etc? And Am I correct in assuming that it would also display km/h if metric units were selected?
No, sorry, it only seems to display mph whatever the setting is...

I did this initially but was soon asked by my wife to turn it off! It did used to make next doors dogs bark as well.
Also tried it on my work van, used the horn as the ‘beep’ so it was turned off immediately.

I need your help.... I can't make the auto lock function work.

I succeeded in the large speed display with the Australia setting. But whatever I do with the auto lock A and B options nothing seems to happen.

Any tips?

Can’t offer much advice other than it worked on my T5 but not on a friends T6, other changes did work on the T6 but not had a chance to have another look.

Back