Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Programmable feature with Carista?

I think there might be confusion/wires crossed when talking about T6 and T6.1s!
Also the whether using VCDS or Carista, @Loz tutorial showing how to do it is using VCDS.

I agree! So does anyone know if possible on a T6 using Carista?

There is no option on 5.1 to fold mirrors in with ke fob ☹️

Was thinking of buying the Carissa dongle but from what I’ve read so far, most switchable options that it offers seem to be available on the system settings so I wonder if it would add any value once the free months subscription trial is over. But it’s on offer at £17.50 now so it’s hard to resist. Would I be wrong to resist it? With a 5 year factory warranty, any fault codes I could leave to the dealer to sort.
The one click short press for mirror fold made it worth it for me

I heard back from them:

Thank you for your interest in Carista. Unfortunately, we do not have the first feature you are interested in. We do have the second one. Also, we have settings for Consumption display units, but whether you will be able to change the units depends entirely on how your car's Instrument cluster is configured.

So not possible to make the mirrors fold on locking on a T6

I heard back from them:

Thank you for your interest in Carista. Unfortunately, we do not have the first feature you are interested in. We do have the second one. Also, we have settings for Consumption display units, but whether you will be able to change the units depends entirely on how your car's Instrument cluster is configured.

So not possible to make the mirrors fold on locking on a T6
Shame. Now if they only did mirror unfold on unlock rather than key in ignition I’d be a happier bunny.

Shame. Now if they only did mirror unfold on unlock rather than key in ignition I’d be a happier bunny.
That would be really useful as an easy visual indicator from a distance to check if the doors are locked. How many of us here share the same traits of locking again on the fob just to make sure our pride and joy is secure

For anyone thinking about getting one …. Carista are currently doing a 30% off deal.

I’ve just got to the end of the 1 month free trial. So am assuming that if I want do any more tweaking I can just sign up again and pay.

For anyone thinking about getting one …. Carista are currently doing a 30% off deal.

I’ve just got to the end of the 1 month free trial. So am assuming that if I want do any more tweaking I can just sign up again and pay.
Correct @ArunAlec
Be aware though that if you buy a one month subscription at £9.99 using i.e. Applepay, then you will be charged £9.99 every month until you cancel it. You can then resubscribe at any time you want. Depending on your anticipated use of Carista it may be worth buying the 1 year subscription?

Correct @ArunAlec
Be aware though that if you buy a one month subscription at £9.99 using i.e. Applepay, then you will be charged £9.99 every month until you cancel it. You can then resubscribe at any time you want. Depending on your anticipated use of Carista it may be worth buying the 1 year subscription?
I ticked the “1 year” subscription box when I registered and have just cancelled via Google as I’m due to pay on the 24th November. Apart from the folding mirrors and the speed display I doubt whether I will want to tinker with anything else.

I ticked the “1 year” subscription box when I registered and have just cancelled via Google as I’m due to pay on the 24th November. Apart from the folding mirrors and the speed display I doubt whether I will want to tinker with anything else.
Agree, too much tinkering is best avoided :)

Maybe forcing a DPF regeneration might be useful?

Think I might have changed brake lights and hazards to flash when hard breaking (or maybe I just looked at it). Need to check again.

Hi all,
To save starting another thread and reading through all of this, can I ask if Carista is what I need to do the following, preferably…..(2023 Ocean)

Enable 1 click locking/wing mirrors folding in

Remove annoying door open bongs

Remove windows opening with long hold of close/lock button

Possibly….allow videos from YouTube/Netflix etc via Apple Car Play to play on the move - for the passenger obviously
Can the rear camera be viewed on the move too?

Not really too fussed about doing much else and want to keep things as simple as possible. We’ve got a BMW 2 Series and an Audi A5 in the household too so may use it on those possibly.

Thanks

Hi all,
To save starting another thread and reading through all of this, can I ask if Carista is what I need to do the following, preferably…..(2023 Ocean)

Possibly….allow videos from YouTube/Netflix etc via Apple Car Play to play on the move - for the passenger obviously

Not really too fussed about doing much else and want to keep things as simple as possible. We’ve got a BMW 2 Series and an Audi A5 in the household too so may use it on those possibly.

Thanks
First two items yes.
Don’t believe the rest are configurable.

This is not what happens. The windows will close in this case.
Mine works parked up not sure about on the move. Don't think I had to change anything just sideload some app.
From what I can tell the camera is powered by the reverse light drive so probably no. The video feed appears to be analog

A question that a few have asked before, so I previously approached SatNav Systems in Chertsey, here is their response:

“The VW Rear View Camera gets it’s trigger from the reverse gear so it is not designed to work unless the vehicle is in reverse.
There are may ways of over riding this but there will be too many side effects which may damage the electronics beyond repair.”

This is not what happens. The windows will close in this case.

Ah sorry, typo!!! I meant pressing the open button obviously. Has happened to me on a car in the past and woke up to find a damp car.

A useful option that I did was to have different 'beeps' for front and rear proximity sensors.
ie I now know if it's the front or rear that I need to double check.

Also used it when checking DSG oil level after I changed it. Shows Temp required.

I find I use the open function to get a little ventilation when using the van as an office...

Better than having to climb in the front and turn the key.

I'm wondering if this will have the BT option in it. Worth a punt if yes, not much else I'd want to change except maybe doors locking when moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a T6.1 ocean and I already have this option in the driver assist menu, that was the first thing I activated.

A useful option that I did was to have different 'beeps' for front and rear proximity sensors.

Also used it when checking DSG oil level after I changed it. Shows Temp required.
The different beeps option is standard on my ocean and I can change the sound and the volume. I can also set the radio volume to turn down when the beeps sound.

Hi all,

Thanks
You can stop the side door open beeps - not sure about drivers door but maybe I just didn’t try.

I’ve just bought a Carista for my 6.1. Disappointed to say the least.
On connection I was greeted with “limited customisation with this
model" or words to that effect.
What I really wanted was auto mirror fold on locking but no sign of it on the very limited menu!
Or, am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did that, and reduced the volumes! Drove me nuts!

Back