Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pull down blinds spring back!

I’m sure VW Guru wouldn’t want to go near her... she’s a bloody mess, all thanks to some people who talk a good job!

I’m sure VW Guru wouldn’t want to go near her... she’s a bloody mess, all thanks to some people who talk a good job!

Things can always be put right no matter how bad and I would happily fix her. The problem being if you bring it to another dealership I.e the one I work for then it’s going to cost you to get the repairs done and that’s just not right. The dealer needs to put it right and vw need to be aware trust me there are big fines imposed if dealers keep failing.

And I think we all know, not wishing to blow smoke up your.... that you’d take care and pride in your work.
VW are fully aware of what’s going on, the pics you’ve seen here have been sent to them too, not just customer care, but to the head of VV Commercial marketing, she has passed the case to an executive body and she wants to be kept abreast of what’s going on. I’ve also copied in the head office of the dealer’s group, I’m on one, big time. Grr,

And I think we all know, not wishing to blow smoke up your.... that you’d take care and pride in your work.
VW are fully aware of what’s going on, the pics you’ve seen here have been sent to them too, not just customer care, but to the head of VV Commercial marketing, she has passed the case to an executive body and she wants to be kept abreast of what’s going on. I’ve also copied in the head office of the dealer’s group, I’m on one, big time. Grr,

And so you should be with that workmanship.
I am glad they are aware and I hope this is all resolved quickly. I will post the info you need on Monday morning when I get to work. Please keep us all informed what’s happening and let me know if I can be of any help in resolving your problems. :thumb

Thank Mr Guru, I appreciate your time and effort. I’ll let you know what happens on Monday!

So if those slide runners are removed they should be replaced, bonded and riveted with the special tool?

Does the headlining get bonded in anyway or is then kept in place with other bit of the trim?

On the subject of blinds. Has anyone had the A pillar blinds replaced?

One of mine was either damaged at that the dealership or factory. I've been told is a very invasive repair so was not progressing it. Based on some of VW Guru's posts I am far from convinced that the dealership information is accurate. Does anyone have experience?

So if those slide runners are removed they should be replaced, bonded and riveted with the special tool?

Does the headlining get bonded in anyway or is then kept in place with other bit of the trim?

On the subject of blinds. Has anyone had the A pillar blinds replaced?

One of mine was either damaged at that the dealership or factory. I've been told is a very invasive repair so was not progressing it. Based on some of VW Guru's posts I am far from convinced that the dealership information is accurate. Does anyone have experience?

Hi @MichaelB the roof lining simply rests over a lip all the way around the roof apart from the rear corners where the rivets for the guides go through it. then held in place via the guides the rest of the way around.

As for your A pillar blind it’s not an invasive job at all simply remove the trim unbolt the blind from the a pillar and replace it’s the easiest blind of them all to replace.

As for your A pillar blind it’s not an invasive job at all simply remove the trim unbolt the blind from the a pillar and replace it’s the easiest blind of them all to replace.[/QUOTE]

Thanks... A strongly worded email will be on it's way. Was I right about the slots for the cab cover thingy?(excuse the technical language)

What is the fix for a miss-alignment of the b-pillar slot for the sliding door blind?

As for your A pillar blind it’s not an invasive job at all simply remove the trim unbolt the blind from the a pillar and replace it’s the easiest blind of them all to replace.

Thanks... A strongly worded email will be on it's way. Was I right about the slots for the cab cover thingy?(excuse the technical language)

What is the fix for a miss-alignment of the b-pillar slot for the sliding door blind?
[/QUOTE]

Sorry Mr Guru I see you've already done an excellent post on the door blind.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/sliding-door-blind.25896/

I am at a loss for words I can’t believe they would do this much damage after messing up the first time. What time are you going in on Monday morning I can give you the tool numbers and part numbers they should have used so you can cross reference them against what they did.

Hope this is not to late it’s been a busy morning. The statement in the workshop manual says “the blind guide is bonded to the front roof reinforcement. It is therefore not possible to remove the blade guide without damaging it”. Hence it should be replaced the pats required are D180KD2A1 adhesive, N910945501 rivets *4, 7H7875119B and 7H7875120a guide rails. The riveting tool is Vas5072a with Adaptor Vas 5072a/1.

Hope that helps

All I have to do now is find someone who is prepared to do it, under any conditions the original dealer may set... hmm!

This is how it looks like. Parts number 14 on the drawing are the guide profiles.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Southern England... a dealer near me is considering taking on the job, they want confirmation of payment from the dealer who didn’t quite get the work right?!!

If they don’t want to do it I may have to pay then take legal action I guess, VW uk are on the case too though!

Southern England... a dealer near me is considering taking on the job, they want confirmation of payment from the dealer who didn’t quite get the work right?!!

If they don’t want to do it I may have to pay then take legal action I guess, VW uk are on the case too though!

Good I’m glad you found a dealer if that falls through then PM me I will give u contact details for the dealer I work for.

Thank you ever so much Mr Guru, you’re a star.
Hopefully, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, I won’t need to bother you!!

Good I’m glad you found a dealer if that falls through then PM me I will give u contact details for the dealer I work for.

@Vw guru I have tried to PM you but it comes up that you limit your contacts and I wonder if it is because you don't have the VIP membership?
In common with very many people on this forum I have found your advice and technical knowhow really useful. You keep our confidence in VW going because there are obviously experts out there (like you) who care.
Just an idea but @Martin would it be possible to give @Vw guru VIP membership so that we can contact him (if he is agreeable of course!).
We really appreciate your advice :thanks

@Vw guru I have tried to PM you but it comes up that you limit your contacts and I wonder if it is because you don't have the VIP membership?
In common with very many people on this forum I have found your advice and technical knowhow really useful. You keep our confidence in VW going because there are obviously experts out there (like you) who care.
Just an idea but @Martin would it be possible to give @Vw guru VIP membership so that we can contact him (if he is agreeable of course!).
We really appreciate your advice :thanks
I agree, I think @Vw guru needs an honorary VIP for the very quick and helpful insider advice. I also think his place of work/identity should be kept secret just in case anyone from VW group wants to identify or silence him/her. Sounds like 007 stuff but it is great to have a Cali technician on board as well as our helpful forum members. @Martin @Vale46 ??

I think Mr Guru is superb, the info he supplied is invaluable. To have such a knowledgeable and helpful guy here is a gift. For him to put himself out as he does, for all of us, is a very selfless thing to do. I’m also grateful to the rest of you for the comments and advice, thank you.
As I don’t drink, the teas are on me!!

I think Mr Guru is superb, the info he supplied is invaluable. To have such a knowledgeable and helpful guy here is a gift. For him to put himself out as he does, for all of us, is a very selfless thing to do. I’m also grateful to the rest of you for the comments and advice, thank you.
As I don’t drink, the teas are on me!!

Make mine a coffee :cheers

Back