Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Putting Cali-Topper on wet roof

C

Calisand

Guest User
Hi, having just come back from a very cold/wet but enjoyable couple of days at Chatsworth Caravan and Motorhome site to attend Xmas market I was unsure about whether to put Cali-Topper on roof when we arrived as roof was wet from heavy rain and it was still raining heavily.

It may sound like a silly question but is putting Calitopper on wet vehicle roof likely to cause any damage to paint on roof if left on for a few days?

I’m not worried about Calitopper getting wet on underside as we can dry at home but damaged paint on roof would be more of a concern.

Does anyone have any experience of this please?

no it wont damage the paint in a few days

Your roof will need a respray caused by the corrosion within' a few years anyway...;)
It won't bother if putting the topper on a wet roof .
In time when the topper used frequent there do appear minor scratches visible on the roof , at least on my color (dark wood) , it can't stay showroomclean forever.

You can get a roofless one? How was the market at chats worth?

You can get a roofless one? How was the market at chats worth?

Thanks.

We arrived at Chatsworth site on Tuesday afternoon, in all the rain, but Wednesday morning was dry so we arrived at xmas market at around 10.30am and were able to walk around comfortably. It’s about 15 min walk through gate at site into Chatsworth and along good path to house/gardens where market was. Probably in excess of 100 stalls selling all mannner of xmas goods from food to knitwear, chocolates, speciality beers and children’s toys. My wife who loves xmas shopping thoroughly enjoyed it.

Even for me who is not a great shopper ( other than bits for Cali or cars) it was good. We had a nice lunch in a restaurant there (we booked as soon as we arrived). By 1pm market and restaurants very busy.

A good couple of days despite the heavy rain on Tuesday.

Back