Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wet roof topper

Trev

Trev

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
This may have been covered before but if not hope this helps ...... recently camped in the snow so had to work out how to store wet topper without getting rest of kit wet. Had bought a dry bag (Lomo brand) and it fitted perfectly in there with external windscreen/window covers. There was no way it was going to go back in it’s original storage bag when trying to fold it up in the snow! Meant we could lob it in the back without worry.

Brilliant tip - i've been wondering about what to do with them when they are wet. I'm getting one ordered now!
And I guess you could strap it to the bikerack if you have one if space is at a premium (these things never pack down to the same size as when you buy them!)

what roof topper do you have?

The Comfortz Topper easily fits in its own bag, dry or wet and the bag is waterproof and can take more than the Topper, also fits in one of the seats in the tailgate.

I can imagine in freezing cold packed with ice this can be a issue and sich a bag can be usefull , i my case i have a plastic box containing shoes in the rear i would simply move the shoes to somewhere else and put the wet gear in the plastic box ....

We always keep a couple of dry bags in the van. One big one for the duvet - then can then just kneel on it to squish the air out and stow in seconds, and doesn't matter then if the wet dog jumps all over in the back. Smaller ones useful for all sorts of stuff you didn't realise you needed to stash when wet, or keep dry.

As a general utility item they are the Tesco carrier bag of the 21st Century.

We use a caravan water barrel bag (just a few quid from a caravan accessory shop) for storing the Khyam topper, or in fact, for any other item that doesn't fit easily back into it's original bag.

Oh ok that’s a massive topper no wonder my Cali topper folds up in the tailgate even when wet
Having considered which topper to purchase, this is what sold it for me even at the greater cost - not tried it yet, but the Comfortz looks completely waterproof

Oh ok that’s a massive topper no wonder my Cali topper folds up in the tailgate even when wet
Hasn’t appreciated that until it arrived but it’s thermal qualities have been much appreciated!

Having considered which topper to purchase, this is what sold it for me even at the greater cost - not tried it yet, but the Comfortz looks completely waterproof
It is.:thumb

Advantage of the internal Cozi, doesn't get wet. Obviousy the canvas does but you dont have to find somewhere to keep that.

Advantage of the internal Cozi, doesn't get wet. Obviousy the canvas does but you dont have to find somewhere to keep that.
But you do have to find somewhere to dry it, which is a problem for some not fortunate enough to have secure off road parking.

I know it's me however I like useful bags. Thanks for the link:thumb
Did you have a solution to store the electrical cable/wire (
cable reel)? I just put it it in a garbage bag...
Sapro yes wrestling the frozen cable wasn’t fun. Managed to eventually coil it up into the cable bag. Club shop sells them.