Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaking waste water?

kernnowkarmann

kernnowkarmann

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all, just used sink for first time in ages to drain some boiling water when cooking.

When putting washing up away noticed the bottom shelf under sink was damp and appears to be wet around the wheel shaped thing in picture.

Is this likely to be water leaking from grey water tank or could it be water coming in from side window when raining? I ask this as have fly screen fitted and have shut window when raining but it doesn't close 100% and been a bit wet in the window channels

20230813_200733.jpg

Hi all, just used sink for first time in ages to drain some boiling water when cooking.

When putting washing up away noticed the bottom shelf under sink was damp and appears to be wet around the wheel shaped thing in picture.

Is this likely to be water leaking from grey water tank or could it be water coming in from side window when raining? I ask this as have fly screen fitted and have shut window when raining but it doesn't close 100% and been a bit wet in the window channels

View attachment 112980
Check the top of the waste tank. If the window is leaking the water collects there. Looking at the photo there’s water to the left of the access hatch, so my guess would be the window.

On your picture the water seems to come from above, not just from the tank cover (the round thing). So my bet would be on the side window.

Thanks all, after getting caught out by another storm it definitely was the window! Might look for one of those things that sits over the window so can keep it open during rain!

Thanks all, after getting caught out by another storm it definitely was the window! Might look for one of those things that sits over the window so can keep it open during rain!

I've been using one of these for about 6 months now

I tested their prototype one (I got it for free because the owner is a friend of a work colleague and needed someone to test it) and I have been very happy with it, I always sleep with the window open a tiny bit and have been in some big downpours with no problems. I believe their full production run is close to being ready now so might be worth contacting them.

Back