Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Read sliding blind. From beige to black.

Big Ted

Big Ted

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
As soon as I saw the rear of this blind glaring through the dark tint I knew I had to do something.
After 6 months of owning the Cali I’ve just got round to it with a can of rattle paint.
Pleased with the result.

473E6F49-C865-47F2-BF09-0D72BF396972.jpegC4BB5195-D159-477F-962F-955B70EBDD44.jpegBBD34814-5474-42F3-B867-3ACC40E57921.jpegL

A great and simple idea... never thought of that myself... :thumb

that is one of the best little cheap mods I have seen. How did you remove the sliding blind.

Last edited:
that is one of the best little cheep mods I have seen. How did you remove the sliding blind.
From inside the wardrobe, you can get the new spice rack one now from the club shop I think, that replaces the blank one.

Easy to remove.
Slide the blind fully open and into the wardrobe.
Lift the blind up and it comes out of the bottom runner.
Then drop it all out of the frame.
Re fitting is the reverse.
All dead easy, just empty the wardrobe 1st!

Easy to remove.
Slide the blind fully open and into the wardrobe.
Lift the blind up and it comes out of the bottom runner.
Then drop it all out of the frame.
Re fitting is the reverse.
All dead easy, just empty the wardrobe 1st!
Nice one.

Beautiful finish. Enquiring minds would like to know what DA polisher and what products you used!
Details are in here.
Just posted it up to save crossing topics in a thread.

That side is a fairly effective mirror though!
Here’s a shot just after I’d machine polished it up.
View attachment 50245
That’s lovely.
Now how crap would that panel look if someone put a dirty big carpark dent in it
This is why I avoid carparks like the plague

Last edited:
When I removed the sliding blind it dislodged a round, black rubber bung/stopper about 8mm in diameter from the rear end of the blind.
Any idea what this does and how and where it should be reattached?
I suspect it's an anti rattle device?

When I removed the sliding blind it dislodged a round, black rubber bung/stopper about 8mm in diameter from the rear end of the blind.
Any idea what this does and how and where it should be reattached?
I suspect it's an anti rattle device?
It’s a bump stop that stops the sliding blind going too far into the wardrobe. It’s glued to the rear of the wardrobe at the end of the track that the blind slides along.

It’s a bump stop that stops the sliding blind going too far into the wardrobe. It’s glued to the rear of the wardrobe at the end of the track that the blind slides along.
Many thanks for the prompt response. I now know where to stick it.

Back