Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear 12v outlet

splitmike

splitmike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
hi guys have any of the other LHD owners got a strange 12v outlet in the rear compartment? Mine looks almost like it should have a plug that screws into place on it. It's not the usual cigar lighter type.

Mike

Is it a Hella socket... more resilient to normal cigar lighter plugs

Convertors available at any Caravan shop, Halfords or Ebay

Hella on eBay

Rgds
Mark

Last edited:
I've got that one. That's on the end of the kitchen unit. The one in the boot space is almost flat. I'll grab a pic when I pick it up from the MOT station later.

Mike

I've got that one. That's on the end of the kitchen unit. The one in the boot space is almost flat. I'll grab a pic when I pick it up from the MOT station later.

Mike

Now I'm intrigued... Friend has the same Hella on in the boot... Keen to see the pictures and figure it out.

M

Last edited:
I think you might have hit the nail on the head yanathem.
This is the socket
Where can I get one of those?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just check EBay they are a bit pricey think that will be getting changed for a normal outlet!

On my LHD 2012 thats a normal 12v socket like the otherones in the front...

We are nearly two years into owning our California, and done nothing about getting something to sort our magcode connector out but to be honest i haven't been able to think up a use for the boot connector. Open to ideas though?

It would come in handy for the use of a camping shower at the beach after a good surf just to rinse off.
Even better when used with a solar shower I've seen envious eyes. Lol

Just check EBay they are a bit pricey think that will be getting changed for a normal outlet!

Might do the opposite and change my cig type socket for one of these maglock styles. On the Beach the legs of the multiplex board are cunningly arranged to prevent any plugs being inserted, effectively rendering the socket useless. The flatter maglock plug might just fit though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T
We are nearly two years into owning our California, and done nothing about getting something to sort our magcode connector out but to be honest i haven't been able to think up a use for the boot connector. Open to ideas though?

The LED lights for the awning. My LED connection is at the rear. Problem is it's a Beach and boot socket is near impossible to use . But maybe you can get a short plug and put a 12v socket on a short piece of lead. E.g. create an extension lead.

Andy.

bought mine from "road pro" years ago, can't remember price but it came with 2 cigar sockets attached and has been very useful. Road Pro are near Towcester i think.

Lovely and hot, sunny here in Sardinia with Cali.

John

Anyone know what current rating of the magcode is? Presume it's 12V as well. Save me searching through the book,;-)

No magcode in our new Cali but we have LEDS which I am pleased with.

No magcode in our new Cali but we have LEDS which I am pleased with.

Think I'm going to order some tonight. Might connect them using the magcode though to keep the sliding doorway clear.

Looking in the VW manual internal lights and 12V sockets on a 10A fuse.

Back