Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear 12v sockets

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Does anyone know what battery the rear 12v socket runs from (the one beside the bench seat that is difficult to get to) ?

Pretty sure it is the engine one as this socket is carried forward from the caravelle.

Hi, my manual (pre facelift) says all passenger compartment 12v sockets run off the additional battery/batteries, located under the seat and in the rear cupboard ( optional). Only the front cab socket runs off the main engine battery.

Thanks chaps, i will disconnect rapidly to avoid a flat in the morning ...

Hi all, I thought I would ask in this thread rather than creating a duplicate for my T6.1.

I have three 12v sockets
(1) Upfront in the Dash / Cockpit area
(2) Mid-way beneath the rear seating bench
(3) In the boot.

Can anyone confirm what the boot one runs off please in the event the tech has changed for a T6.1. Ideally it is running off the leisure batteries to avoid the starter battery going flat.

Thanks.

Hi all, I thought I would ask in this thread rather than creating a duplicate for my T6.1.

I have three 12v sockets
(3) In the boot.

Can anyone confirm what the boot one runs off please in the event the tech has changed for a T6.1. Ideally it is running off the leisure batteries to avoid the starter battery going flat.

Thanks.
Everything from the b pillar forwards is the car battery, everything behind the b pillar is from the leisure batteries.
(B pillar is the support behind the driver and passenger seats)
So basically from the sliding door backwards is all leisure batteries.

I have three 12v sockets
(3) In the boot.

Thanks.
Only 3 sockets @HectaTheSpecta ? Our 6.1 Ocean has 5 12v sockets.

1. On top of the dashboard
2. To the left of the gearstick
3. Right side of bench seat
4. Right side of boot
5. Front left in pop-top

As others have said rear ones are leisure batteries and cockpit ones are starter battery. Not sure about the one in the pop-top but would guess at the leisure batteries.

The one in the pop top is an interesting one. it’s forward of the B pillar but I would assume it runs off the leisure battery? I hope so, as we use it for our WiFi dongle and my wife uses it to charge her phone overnight.

Pop top one should be off the leisure battery, but there is from memory some evidence of craziness in some people's Calis. Our Beach has the one on top of the dash wired to the leisure battery, so only the one in the dash is connected to the starter battery.

Last edited:

4. Right side of boot
5. Front left in pop-top

As others have said rear ones are leisure batteries and cockpit ones are starter battery. Not sure about the one in the pop-top but would guess at the leisure batteries.
Is there not one on the end of the kitchen unit on the T6.1?

Is there not one on the end of the kitchen unit on the T6.1?
There is one in that area for the T6.1 Beach Camper… with a UK 3 pin socket as well. Clearly not on the end of the kitchen though. But close to where the wee gas bottle storage is for the single burner.

4. Right side of boot
5. Front left in pop-top

I stand corrected - yes two in the cabin area. And I forgot about the one in the pop-top.

Thanks for clarifying

I have power in 12v socket on B pillar but no power in dash top, rear of sliding door and boot... any ideas please peeps?

I have power in 12v socket on B pillar but no power in dash top, rear of sliding door and boot... any ideas please peeps?
Depending on which vehicle you have, check the 15 or 20amp fuses under the front passenger seat RHD, or drivers seat LHD.
Turn the seat through 90o and slide towards kitchen unit for easy access.

Back