Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Bumper Protectors

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Our Beach doesn't have one but I can already see the need for one.

Has anyone fitted one themselves? is it a moulded piece of plastic with 3M on the back or is it a piece of vinyl?

Basically is it easy to bugger up fitting it :lol:

The VW one (I got mine from SMG) is moulded plastic with 2 long strips of double sided tape to fix it. You also get a cleaner sachet to prep the bumper. Easy to fit and the only thing to check is that its central.

Cool suspicions confirmed, I'll have to get one ordered.. thanks!

Whilst I have some attention, instead of starting a new thread.. mud flaps, am I reading right that the fronts are a bolt on, bolt on affair.. but the rears screw into the sides of the bumper i.e. its a permanent edition

Sorry cant help you with those as not fitted them to mine. Sounds logical though as pictures show the rear ones set back from the wheel arch. Maybe just fit the front? they prob have more effect than the rears anyway.

I was think of just doing the fronts if that is the case although I can see the rear bumper is having a hard time without mud flaps and is starting it to look a bit peppered so not sure what to do.

Both front & rear mudflaps are fitted with two small brackets. The rear appear to have one bracket fixed to the bumper & other to the body or a bracket under the vehicle. Front has two brackets one fixed through the plastic wheelarch liner & other directly to the body behind the liner.
I seem to recall someone saying that factory fitted mudflaps are somehow different to the VW aftermarket ones, don't know details.

found this whilst googling

FrMFlap.jpg

RrMFlap.jpg

RrMFlapa.jpg

Attachments

• FrMFlap.jpg
    FrMFlap.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 7
  • RrMFlap.jpg
    RrMFlap.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 5
  • RrMFlapa.jpg
    RrMFlapa.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 5
If you source from Europe you can buy a clear brandrup rear bumper protector which I think looks much better on a lighter colour Cali….. This is self adhesive vinyl which you float on with a soap solution that they provide (I fitted one to ours).

Don't know why VW UK don't offer it…

Simon

shambly said:
If you source from Europe you can buy a clear brandrup rear bumper protector which I think looks much better on a lighter colour Cali….. This is self adhesive vinyl which you float on with a soap solution that they provide (I fitted one to ours).

Don't know why VW UK don't offer it…

Simon

Thats a much more sensible idea. Do you have a link. I think VW are missing the boat on this one

Thanks for link but I think I'll stick with the moulded plastic one as it will protect from dents from heavy objects, also I think you can stand on it. We have a Silver/Black theme so think it will work out

Rippers - i've got a spare boxed one you can have for free if you collect it from Milton Keynes.....

Oh I thought they were clear plastic, as has been said above at least the thick plastic protects the bumper from heavier stuff. They should bering out a clear plastic moulded one.

rippers said:
Just found these silver ones, genuine VW apparently, I wonder if they are painted or silver plastic, will fire of a email to the seller

http://banwy.co.uk/product/t5-parts/sil ... ransporter

You can get these from VW, they are a silver plastic. Very good quality and fit

And they'll ship to the UK as we've bought from them - quickly and cheaply too in our experience.

Simon