Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear roof stowage compartment (the airline locker style thing) keeps opening as I drive. Any suggestions

• Thread starter WaikatoCalifornia
  • Start date
WaikatoCalifornia

WaikatoCalifornia

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi all, has anyone got any magic tips or tricks to suggest a way to stop my rear roof stowage compartment from opening as I drive (on my new T6.1 Ocean)? I’ve examined the mechanism (because my old van was a T6 and I see the mechanism has changed slightly) and I see how it works, but even with a good push up to ensure it “clicks” locked, it still opens within about 20mins of driving. It’s now beyond annoying and now sits in the problem category, as it is pretty well something I can guarantee will happen. Kind of ironic since on my old T6, it was a struggle to open it (you had to but your tongue the right way to get it open and make sure yo pulled it down dead straight), but on my T6.1, it won’t stay shut! I love it, don’t get me wrong, but it’s kinda annoying and not something that should happen to a van of this spec and price!

I see your Cali is a 6.1. I know its an obvious but do VW offer a three year warranty as they do in the UK? Do you have any warranty left? If so take it back and get them to fix it. Sorry I do not intend to teach grandmother............etc. All the best.

You’re not overloading it? As I recall the maximum load weight in the handbook was pretty low.

Back