Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear seat getting stuck on sliding rails

I

incarpaul

Anyone had issue's with the rear seat jamming and not sliding?
It has happened twice now where the rear locking mechanism (nearside) pops the release bar off so it does not release the floor catch.

Not sure if it's down to the plastic holder that keep the release rod connected or it needs greasing up or maybe the whole mechanism needs to be replaced. anyone had the same issue?

If an SE, the seat really needs pushing back from the centre to avoid it cocking to one side making it hard to move. If you're standing outside this can be difficult.

I came to move the bench seat today (2-seater beach, so same as the Ocean and SE), but it wouldn't budge, forward or back. The release handle seems to comes up fine, but there is no movement of the seat at all. Not sure what's happened. It has been moving fine up until now. Checked the manual - it's well back from the stop, so that shouldn't be an issue. It's clear of all carpets, etc. Moved it forward, past the stop a few weeks ago for an IKEA trip, but it went back OK, don't think I've moved it since putting back then.

Sticking a screwdriver in the living hole didn't un-jam it either.

Any ideas before I have to arrange a trip to the dealer's?

I came to move the bench seat today (2-seater beach, so same as the Ocean and SE), but it wouldn't budge, forward or back. The release handle seems to comes up fine, but there is no movement of the seat at all. Not sure what's happened. It has been moving fine up until now. Checked the manual - it's well back from the stop, so that shouldn't be an issue. It's clear of all carpets, etc. Moved it forward, past the stop a few weeks ago for an IKEA trip, but it went back OK, don't think I've moved it since putting back then.

Sticking a screwdriver in the living hole didn't un-jam it either.

Any ideas before I have to arrange a trip to the dealer's?
When I pull up my lever it stops but then I have to pull it that bit further and be sat on the edge of the seat to get it to move sometimes. Mrs Loz can't move it at all.

When I pull up my lever it stops but then I have to pull it that bit further and be sat on the edge of the seat to get it to move sometimes. Mrs Loz can't move it at all.
Thanks @Loz, that worked, though had to jiggle the seat a little at the first stop on the handle.
Never had that on the old caravelle - thought I must have broken it.
Moves easily now - seems like the clamps are binding as the pull up in the track.

+1

I have the same issue. Can the levers be adjusted?
Thought ours was broken too, it was going nowhere. Had to clear the van of stuff and people and calmy wriggle like bu*******y

I have found that the best technique is to sit in the middle of it. Pull the lever fully and move it in a walking motion with my legs. That is how most people on the tube seem to do it.Hope that helps.

On a slightly different tack has anyone noticed that when you pull the lever to move the rear seat there is a sound from the mechanism that sounds identical to the beginning note of Chuck Berry's "riding along in my automobile" ?

Makes me think of the song every time I move the seat!

On a slightly different tack has anyone noticed that when you pull the lever to move the rear seat there is a sound from the mechanism that sounds identical to the beginning note of Chuck Berry's "riding along in my automobile" ?

Makes me think of the song every time I move the seat!

Blessed are the cracked.... For they are the ones who let in the light.

Mine is similar, I guess it's down to a stretched cable which no longer lifts the locking pins during the first range of movement lifting the lever. Maybe someone knows if there is an adjustment to take up the slack in the cable?

I have had similar issue but have found a bolt about 20mm long and 6mm dia in the rails on the door side, any one have any ideas as to where it is from in the seat mechanism, T6 2017 Ocean.

I have had similar issue but have found a bolt about 20mm long and 6mm dia in the rails on the door side, any one have any ideas as to where it is from in the seat mechanism, T6 2017 Ocean.
Sounds like the bolt that fastens the stops to the rail, have a look on the other rail and you should see what I’m talking about. I always remove these, and the corresponding ones at the back, in order to give additional seat movement which is useful for carrying furniture etc ....

Back