Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear underseat drawer does not open smoothly

Luigi1

Luigi1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
I have swapped my T6 Ocesn for a T6.1. The underseat drawer does not open/close smoothly so I took it to the dealership who stated it was not a fault on the drawer but the runner wheels ‘trundling’ over the kitchen area flooring pattern. I am sure the T6 had a similar floor pattern and that opened and closed smoothly without vibrating/trundling. Has anyone had similar issues and been able to resolve it?

I have swapped my T6 Ocesn for a T6.1. The underseat drawer does not open/close smoothly so I took it to the dealership who stated it was not a fault on the drawer but the runner wheels ‘trundling’ over the kitchen area flooring pattern. I am sure the T6 had a similar floor pattern and that opened and closed smoothly without vibrating/trundling. Has anyone had similar issues and been able to resolve it?
First - change the dealer! ;) well not many know about the Cali internals and come up with these weird suggestions.

Access the drawer from the rear and see if some very light grease on the runners makes it any better. Failing that, dismantling the drawer (taking it out and reassembling is a good option) our ocean drawer has also started to be less smooth than it was and planning to do this sometime soon, as soon as I have some time over one of the coming weekends)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

'Think' its cause it has a wheel now underneath.
We heard the trundling sound when viewing vans with the bumps in flooring - although our previous van had same flooring we never had the noise. ? ?

'Think' its cause it has a wheel now underneath.
We heard the trundling sound when viewing vans with the bumps in flooring - although our previous van had same flooring we never had the noise. ? ?
Ah! 6.1. I have a t6. Maybe the placement of the wheel causes that to happen? Can the wheel be moved/position changed?

Ah! 6.1. I have a t6. Maybe the placement of the wheel causes that to happen? Can the wheel be moved/position changed?

I honestly don't know that info

Thanks both
I suspect I will have to live with a trundling wheel, a very first world problem!!
Now I think back the old T6 had 3 x seat/bed runners on the floor and maybe the centre one also assisted in support for the drawer to open, this T6.1 has 2 so perhaps the wheel was an afterthought to distribute weight . Not everything is an improvement on the old ways

Thanks both
I suspect I will have to live with a trundling wheel, a very first world problem!!
Now I think back the old T6 had 3 x seat/bed runners on the floor and maybe the centre one also assisted in support for the drawer to open, this T6.1 has 2 so perhaps the wheel was an afterthought to distribute weight . Not everything is an improvement on the old ways
I believe the wheel has always been there. It would run on the 3rd rail if that is present.
If you fit a mat/ habitation carpet then the rumble should go.

Thanks both
your forum profile says t6 cali on order and I suspect you have a t6.1 4 motion now ?

Back