Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear wardrobe sliding door repair/replacement

R

Rubbadub

VIP Member
Hello all,

We have just bought a 58 Cali which is being delivered tomorrow. It is not perfect but it will do for us.

As you open the tailgate the roller door on the rear of the wardrobe is stuck open and needs replacing, has anyone done this or had a similar problem? A new door is available from VW for £75 but they couldn't tell me if it was a just the door, or the door mounted on runners with the roller mechanism...in fact and i quote "dunno, the picture on the screen is vague"

Any help/advice would be great :p

Thanks Martin

I'm fairly practical and technically minded so I'm hoping that it should be fairly obvious when i can actually have a close look. If not then I may bother what is probably very busy person by the look of his Aladdin's cave. Hopefully it won't get to Google Translate :? :oops:

Thanks for a tip of where to get most bits should I get desperate though.

Replaced my door on the front of the wardrobe about a year ago. Can't remember exactly what I had to do do but it was very simple. I think you'll find that the price is for the door only and it just slides into the runners.

Price is for the door only. Unscrew the two end of runner stop ends (top & bottom), slide old door out, slide new door in, replace upper and lower stop ends.

Ajspicer said:
Price is for the door only. Unscrew the two end of runner stop ends (top & bottom), slide old door out, slide new door in, replace upper and lower stop ends.

Thanks AJ

It was exactly as you said, couldn't have been easier. The only difficult bit was getting the old part of the door out from in between the wardrobe divider and the slider mechanism cover. I managed by bending a piece of copper wire with some pin-nose pliers to create a little hook.