Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear window wiper

Derry

Derry

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Now this might be a silly question but me Westy has a rear wiper blade! But can't find how to turn it on? Pushed, pulled, moved and pressed everything but nothing any clues.....

Not that I want to see who's tail gating me but it must have worked at some point!

Push right hand stalk down???

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

On all VW models I had the honour to know during the last 25 years one had to operate the rear wiper by moving the screenwiper stalk "nose-to-feet".

Push stalk forwards to turn them on (intermittent), push stalk forwards again to turn them off.

Took me a while too!

Took me a year to realise the tap could be "stood up"into the hole the hose comes out of...

dan

A bit late on here, as I just regiseret, but if this is still a problem I can come with some more information. This might also be good for future readers of this post :)

On my T4 2001 model, I start the interval of the wiper by pushing in the button on the end of the wiper-handle.

However a problem I've had is that the rear window wiper "mechanism" has gotten "to firm", so that the wiper motor fails to operate the wiper back and forth. If you listen carefully you still should be able to hear the relay(?) click with an interval.
I fixed this once, by removing the inner cover of the tailgate, and then removed the wiper motor and mechanism. (First time I did this, I broke the plastic washer thing in the center, so if you decide to do this be careful, or have a professional do it for you ...)

Mine is now stuck again, so I need to do this once more ...
Guess regular use would have helped me keeping it moving.

Back