Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommendation for parking and tube

theonecraw

theonecraw

aka Rioja
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi,

We are off to London this weekend to watch the 'Lion King' and there are maintenance works planned for SouthWest trains so we need a recommendation for parking up near a tube station in South London. Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Let's hope a member in the London area can offer you a parking on thiere drive...
Who knows.

Last edited:
I used to do this in my car many years ago, stopping around Stanmore way. However I've never done it in a van and to be honest off peak train travel is so cheap and faster into London from where I live I stopped driving in long ago. No idea on height barriers at the places mentioned this.

A mate has said Brent Cross and Luton Parkway worth a look too. Not used them though.

Last edited:
I used to do this in my car many years ago, stopping around Stanmore way. However I've never done it in a van and to be honest off peak train travel is so cheap and faster into London from where I live I stopped driving in long ago. No idea on height barriers at the places mentioned this.

A mate has said Brent Cross and Luton Parkway worth a look too. Not used them though.
Not a Southern user then!

South West London is not great for the tube and the stations tend to be in dense urban areas with controlled parking. Up the A3 or M3 to where the M3 becomes the A316 and in to Richmond. Park in the Old Deer Park council car park on the right just after the A316 bridge and it's a very short walk to the station. There is also an NCP right by Richmond station.

My drive is blocked with scaffolding at the moment and I'm too far away from the underground station.

Hi,

We are off to London this weekend to watch the 'Lion King' and there are maintenance works planned for SouthWest trains so we need a recommendation for parking up near a tube station in South London. Any suggestions?

Cheers!

If you drive to Morden Underground station, which is the first stop on the Northern Line, parking in the open roof top car park (long stay) is free after 6pm. Allows ample time to get up to London in time for 7.30pm shows in town. We do it all the time. Entrance to carpark in just passed the station up the side of Sainsbury's. Morden has easy access from the A3 and traffic usually not too bad.