Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite near London tube

M

myvanrodney

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi All,

Any recommendations for a campsite that has good connection to/from central london (ie close walking distance to underground station etc.) ?

Would be awesome to find one that works for a night out in town...

Hi All,

Any recommendations for a campsite that has good connection to/from central london (ie close walking distance to underground station etc.) ?

Stealth camp in The Hyde Park NCP. You cant put the roof up but you won't get more central.

Stealth camp in The Hyde Park NCP. You cant put the roof up but you won't get more central.
Which one would you recommend? There are several NCP locations around HP. The NCP Portman Sq is height restricted to 1.93m

Which one would you recommend? There are several NCP locations around HP. The NCP Portman Sq is height restricted to 1.93m

Sorry - it used to be called NCP Hyde Park, Its now Q park, Park lane - its the one under Hyde Park, its £50 per 24 hours but you can access it without entering the congestion charging zone.

Hi All,

Crystal Palace C&MH site. Nos3 bus outside direct to Regents Street. Also a 24hr night bus.

stealth camp lol... is that a thing?
seriously, not patrolled?... is it not excluded in their parking terms?
im up for a bit of cheeky stuff - any tips?

The electronic security system would know you entered and not departed .

Crystal Palace C&MH site. Nos3 bus outside direct to Regents Street. Also a 24hr night bus.
ah brilliant... now i need to find one for each of the 3 other sides of london :)

Just read ts&cs.. apparently no restrictions :thumb

Out of Town : Lee Valley C&C

Ponders end Train station just up the road from The site approx 30 minutes into London. (Liverpool Street)

Site is right next to the Olympic Water park (Rapids etc) &
Grand Union Canal - can walk / cycle direct to London in the summer

Shall we just say, you wouldn't be the first to do it.

Its not really the place to set out table & chairs or light a bbq.

Park nose in against a wall & drop all the blinds. If you've got some black backed blinds to put on the front side windows it makes it less obvious. Parking front to a wall stops the front blinds being seen unless someone is really looking.

Out of Town : Lee Valley C&C

Ponders end Train station just up the road from The site approx 30 minutes into London. (Liverpool Street)

Site is right next to the Olympic Water park (Rapids etc) &
Grand Union Canal - can walk / cycle direct to London in the summer

nice!

There are 2 entrances , Hyde Park next to Marble Arch and Park Lane. If you pre-book you need to use Hyde Park entrance to arrive as the pre-bboking is not recognised if you enter via Park Lane. I have experience of this although Customer Service sorted it out.

I stealth parked overnight in a multistory in Belgium. The operator blasted music over the tannoy all night. A good deterrent if you don't pack effective earplugs.

There are 2 entrances , Hyde Park next to Marble Arch and Park Lane. If you pre-book you need to use Hyde Park entrance to arrive as the pre-bboking is not recognised if you enter via Park Lane. I have experience of this although Customer Service sorted it out.
That depends on which one you booked. On Q parks site its listed as two separate car parks even though it is just two different entrances to one , you have to use the entrance that you booked.

That depends on which one you booked. On Q parks site its listed as two separate car parks even though it is just two different entrances to one , you have to use the entrance that you booked.
Must have changed. Always book Park Lane but only told last time that I should have used The Hyde Park entrance.

Another option is to park somewhere near one of the commuter towns around London. For example St Albans is less than 1/2 hour on the train to central London. Appreciate this is the other end of the scale of wild camping in a Hyde Park mulit-storey, but you'd pay less than £50, have nicer surroundings and have a much lower risk of being caught or even worse someone trying to break into your van late at night.

No parking restrictions on Oakfield Road, Leeside Crescent, Golders Green. Ten minute walk to Brent cross Tube.

Whenever I need to be in London I use Abbey Wood. Easy walk to Elizabeth line station. Easy access to the campsite off the M25.

That Abbey Wood site looks brilliant for London, not sure where the OP is from but for those like me from t'north it's the wrong side of London. Do you know if there are any similar sites to the north west of london?

That Abbey Wood site looks brilliant for London, not sure where the OP is from but for those like me from t'north it's the wrong side of London. Do you know if there are any similar sites to the north west of london?
Hertford camping & caravanning site for Hertford North station straight into Moorgate or Finsbury Park (connects to Victoria and Piccadilly Underground’s)