Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removable drill free solar installation in a Beach.

How does one go about the installation on a twin slider ? Namely the routing of the wiring to the leisure battery??

Hi there! I have a question regarding the "max-charging" feature in the California t6.1 and the solar panel connection. As far as I understand, this feature charge the battery to 100%, while normally vw charging unit keeps 80%. How it works together with PV? Doesn't the PV controller keeps the battery level on 100% and the feature become useless? Can I connect the controller directly do the battery without any issues like interruption with this max-charge feature?

Hi there! I have a question regarding the "max-charging" feature in the California t6.1 and the solar panel connection. As far as I understand, this feature charge the battery to 100%, while normally vw charging unit keeps 80%. How it works together with PV? Doesn't the PV controller keeps the battery level on 100% and the feature become useless? Can I connect the controller directly do the battery without any issues like interruption with this max-charge feature?
Yes. In summer the panel, depending on the power draw from the Leisure Battery, will probably keep up. In winter, however, the panel may struggle so the Maximum Charge Function will still be available.