Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where have the auto lights gone?

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Fed up with chasing dealers, so I'm going to go through Drive the Deal but in the latest price list (nov 2014) https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/media ... e_list.pdf

I can't see the auto light option?

The spec we have chosen so far is

Candy White 180 Manual
Anthracite Cloth
Front & Rear Mudflaps
Electric sliding door
Detachable tow bar
Storage net/extra draw
F+R Parking sensors with reversing Camera
Xenon Headlights
Safe
Cold Water Shower
Tour Pack
Travel Pack

We have Auto Lights (2014 SE) but they were not on the options list, we did get the travel pack and visibility pack.

Maybe it's standard, or it comes with one of those packs? (Probably the rain sensing window screen if anything)

I think I'm going to order the visibility pack aswell and just keep my fingers crossed surely with that and the Xenons it must be included!

Also who has the Carbon Canister what exactly does that filter? The fresh air when driving?

I have a carbon canister and it filters out unwanted smells.

An unnecessary accessory since booting out my ex :eek:

If I was speccing from new (and I could afford it) I would get the colour Multi Function Screen :)

Also I'm not sure if you've read up on it, but as far as I can tell 90% of people who order the sliding electric door try to disable it and regret ordering it (there's a few threads on this).

Oh and the smoking pack 'apparently' (no one seems to have seen it) comes with an extra cup holder for £30! (I think the standard ones are useless :) )

So does the carbon canister only work when on the move?

I'll read up on the sliding door thanks

As for the Colour Multi Screen what's that all about? does it have any extra features over the standard one other then look pretty?

I had the smoking pack on my beach and the double drinks holder was very snappy and caused more spills then it prevented just getting the cans in and out of it! What does the standard look like?

One other question whilst I think of it what is the iPhone interface like? Is it the old 30pin jobbie or the new small style lead what's the benefit of it over playing music via Bluetooth or aux cable?

rippers said:
As for the Colour Multi Screen what's that all about? does it have any extra features over the standard one other then look pretty?

It just looks pretty :)

rippers said:
I had the smoking pack on my beach and the double drinks holder was very snappy and caused more spills then it prevented just getting the cans in and out of it! What does the standard look like?

I'm pretty sure that is the standard one, no one has even seen the extra cup holder as far as I can tell.

rippers said:
One other question whilst I think of it what is the iPhone interface like? Is it the old 30pin jobbie or the new small style lead what's the benefit of it over playing music via Bluetooth or aux cable?

Think it's the old style, though you can get the adaptor from apple for £25(!) and it'll work. Diff than bluetooth in that - it charges, better sound, control / navigation of tracks

Read up about the Electric door.. eek thats £312 saved!

I'm tempted by the iPhone Interface, I don't think I'll go with the Colour Multi Screen

So the updated spec is now

Candy White 180 Manual
Anthracite Cloth
Front & Rear Mudflaps
Detachable tow bar
Storage net/extra drawer
Xenon Headlights
Safe
Cold Water Shower
Tour Pack
Travel Pack
Visibility Pack
MDI with IPod/IPhone adapter

UPDATE! spent some time at the dealers today and found out that auto lights come with the Xenons

Also its not in the brochure but the Travel Pack includes the rain sensor and Leaving coming home lights.. also you cannot have a visibility pack with the Travel pack

The cold water shower on the VW system come up as built in cupboard 3.. the code was 113

The Sales guy also reckons as of August 2014 all new Calis' come with three rails whether you order the 5th seat of not.. not convinced on this but this was his claim.

Last thing.. are the factory fitted mudflats any different to the accessory ones you buy from the dealer as they are more money??

Final spec I am going to order from Drive the Deal on monday (VW dealer was £3300 dearer)

Candy White 180 Manual
Anthracite Cloth
Front & Rear Mudflaps
Detachable tow bar
Storage net/extra drawer
Xenon Headlights
Safe
Cold Water Shower
Tour Pack
Travel Pack
Charcoal Canister
Colour MFD Display - gonna treat myself :lol:

By all accounts the factory fit mud flaps are better.

Sounds great!

My '64 plate SE (built November 2014) came with 3rd rail and I didn't order a 5th seat so I think it must come as standard now.

Also, someone else may correct me about this but I think there is a difference between the two types of mudflaps. I seem to remember reading somewhere (probably on here) that the fitted ones look more streamlined with the Cali, as opposed to having them added at the dealership from the accessories brochure.

Maud

rippers said:
UPDATE! spent some time at the dealers today and found out that auto lights come with the Xenons

Also its not in the brochure but the Travel Pack includes the rain sensor and Leaving coming home lights.. also you cannot have a visibility pack with the Travel pack

The cold water shower on the VW system come up as built in cupboard 3.. the code was 113

The Sales guy also reckons as of August 2014 all new Calis' come with three rails whether you order the 5th seat of not.. not convinced on this but this was his claim.

Last thing.. are the factory fitted mudflats any different to the accessory ones you buy from the dealer as they are more money??

Final spec I am going to order from Drive the Deal on monday (VW dealer was £3300 dearer)

Candy White 180 Manual
Anthracite Cloth
Front & Rear Mudflaps
Detachable tow bar
Storage net/extra drawer
Xenon Headlights
Safe
Cold Water Shower
Tour Pack
Travel Pack
Charcoal Canister
Colour MFD Display - gonna treat myself :lol:

We have Autolights but not Xenon, Autolights were also not listed as an extra.

rippers said:
do you have the visibility pack or safety pack?

I believe the visibility pack (also have Travel Pack)

Under "Lights and vision" -

Z4A - Rain Sensor and auto-dimming rear view mirror with 'leaving/coming home' function
8K3 - Separate daytime running lights and low beam assistant as well as 'Coming Home' and 'Leaving Home' dinction
4L6 - Breakaway interior rear view mirror, auto-dimming.

As stated, nowhere in the vehicles spec does it say "Auto Lights", so must be included as part of something else rather than a single option.

Visibility pack is auto lights and wipers.

We don't have auto lights on ours and it is the one feature we miss, it is made worse by the fact that every car we have had for at least 5 years has had this as standard so you can forget to turn lights on in the van, which is made even worse by the fact that you have DRLs so you have lights at the front and not at the back.

Auto wipers we also don't have, but that is not a big miss - I normally end up fighting with auto wipers when I have them :)

Retro fitting either of those features is a nightmare as you will need a new windscreen and rear view mirror.

We do have an electric side door and it works just fine. If the track gets dirty then the door backs off, then we clean the track. The beeping is annoying. I am not sure it is a must have accessory, but I wouldn't worry about getting it either. I am pretty sure that they are not 90% faulty as hinted in a previous post.

Only last thing - you have specified the reversing camera - I am a bit out of touch with the new spec, but is the RCD310 still the basic stereo? - if so I don't think that will support the reversing camera - I think you will need a RNS315 or 510. Or does checking the reversing camera auto upgrade the head unit - just worth checking.

I think the 3 rail thing has been in place for a couple of years unless it is 4WD, which can't have a 3rd rail for technical 4WD reasons :)

The only change i would make to your spec is to bin the whole stereo that comes standard etc.... and go for the kenwood option and get the dealer to fit it. You will NOT regret it.

teeboy said:
Only last thing - you have specified the reversing camera - I am a bit out of touch with the new spec, but is the RCD310 still the basic stereo? - if so I don't think that will support the reversing camera - I think you will need a RNS315 or 510. Or does checking the reversing camera auto upgrade the head unit - just worth checking.

The Travel pack I have selected comes with RNS510 Sat Nav DAB+

DMB9R said:
The only change i would make to your spec is to bin the whole stereo that comes standard etc.... and go for the kenwood option and get the dealer to fit it. You will NOT regret it.

What doest he Kenwood have over the RNS510? would I lose the reverse camera?

you can have a reverse camera retro fitted at the dealer with the Kenwood system.

That's the old model. A lot of things are updated on the DNX525DAB which we have.
We just cannot fault ours. It has everything.

With the savings on the other bits on the Travel pack it makes the stock Sat Nav pretty much the same price as the Kenwood plus I can have the reverse camera and no mucking around.
I can appreciate what your saying and I think If I had a Cali without satnav its deffo the way to go instead of retro fitting the stock stuff.
I want it all factory fitted and I doubt your get three years warranty on the Kenwood either.

Back