Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Renewing car tax on line

S

Snowball1935

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Renewal on line has been my usual procedure for some years, and has always been trouble-free.
However, this time (Friday 17/6/22), when I logged on the website shown on my reminder from DVLA, not spotted by me the website had changed to vehicleinformation.co.uk. When I did not receive an email acknowledgement from DVLA, I began checking what might have happened. I entered the DVLA web address again, and the website changed to vehicle information .co.uk. I also discovered that I had been charged £0.50 for a 24-hours free trial, and a charge of £7.95/month would follow.
I found vehicle information’s customer services phone and called them, explaining what had happened and that I did not need or want this service. The £0.50 was not refundable but I was told the account had now been cancelled, and I asked for -and got - a confirmation email.
Then. this morning I found on my bank account that a £7.95 charge had been taken on 20/06/22.
Another call to vehicle information customer services this morning - demanding an immediate refund, along with declaring what a shoddy company they must be. Again, an apology and another email confirming that the account had been cancelled and that the £7.95 would be refunded, although this could take up to 20 working days. Isn’t it strange that these companies can take money instantaneously, yet it can take 10 days to pay it back?

Sounds like you have clicked on a lookalike site that appears at the top of a google search rather than the actual dvla link. Seems this company has been misleading people for a while.

contact your bank, advise what has happened and have a moratorium placed on future payments or do it through a banking APP.

Sounds like you have clicked on a lookalike site that appears at the top of a google search rather than the actual dvla link. Seems this company has been misleading people for a while.
I actually typed in the website address directly from the DVLA tax renewal form, which is probably why I did not notice the web address change In my browser. I am always careful but, just when you think you have covered all bases, the sneaky crowd find another dodge to catch you out.
I don’t even use the “unsubscribe” facility any more because that can be used as a link by the unscrupulous lot.

I actually typed in the website address directly from the DVLA tax renewal form, which is probably why I did not notice the web address change In my browser. I am always careful but, just when you think you have covered all bases, the sneaky crowd find another dodge to catch you out.
I don’t even use the “unsubscribe” facility any more because that can be used as a link by the unscrupulous lot.
Probably worth clearing your web browser cache and history.

Back