Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What would you do?

The only thing that would annoy me and does, is dishonesty, everything else is life.

If the dealer has knowingly lied, being dishonest or if VW had done the same I'd be angry.

We are getting one side of the story here and there appears to be contradictions within the posts. Things do go wrong, it shouldn't happen but it does, it's how you are dealt with that counts. Maybe I've been living in Devon too long and I've got all laid back.

And whilst you are right to air a complaint on the forum it does seem a little unfair to be asked to comment on something when you don't know both sides of the story.

James

:crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy

I'm sorry if I have confused anyone, or James :D

I will try to simplify it.

I ordered the cali and got a very good price.

I then didn't here anything for a few months.

I then received a load of emails from the dealership with regards to delivery dates and the vehicles location.

I then questioned its whereabouts and expected delivery date.

VW then lost my Cali for two weeks

Then VW customer services got involved as well as the dealership.

They then found it but gave some strange reason about the fly nets so it was sent back to the factory.

Every time I got information from the dealership, VW customer services would contradict them.

I was unhappy so the dealership agreed to give me some compensation.

I was promised priority shipping/transport for the cali once it arrived in the UK as I had been messed about so much.

I was then told the vehicle was in the UK by the dealership

VW customer services said it wasn't????

The VW customer services said it was two days later.

it then took the dealership 9 days to get it from the docks. (hardly priority transport as promised)

Eventually the Cali arrived at the dealership so the invited me in to inspect the vehicle.

I then noticed the damage.

The dealership said they would get it repaired.

I said I wanted a new rear bumper and they said "not a problem"

I then said I expected another discount due to the fact it was damaged.

The dealership said they would look into it for me.

Then they said the Cali was ready and I asked if it had all been repaired to the standard I had asked for.

The dealership then became very vague and couldn't answer my question???

I was then contacted by VW customer services to check I was happy, so I notified them of the damage and asked them to check that it had been repaired properly as per my request.

VW customer services confirmed it had not had a new bumper.

I was very angry.

Then the dealership, who had been looking into giving me a further discount due to the damage said they would not give me anymore discount.

I then thought long and hard about what to do and seriously considered rejecting the vehicle but thought I would give the dealership a chance to rectify the problem and make me happy.

That brings me to today..........

Does that make any sense or am I confusing everyone?

Well today I arrived at the dealership to pick up my new California.

I could still see a mark in the rear bumper and it had now also gained a tiny scratch on the door. :cry:

My options were very simple.

Either walk away, or be nice and see what deal could be negotiated.

I am pleased to say that the dealership came to their senses and offered my a further discount!!!!!!

I have now taken delivery of my new pride and joy and I'm very happy! :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance

I will say that the saving grace for the dealership was the salesman who was excellent through the whole process as it wasn't his fault.

The hand over took 4 hours!!!!!!

Im now at home, having fun and putting bits in my California.

My kids are very excited about our first trip away!

I'm sorry if I have upset anyone and thank you all for your help and advise, Love you all

Group hug, now I'm going to play with my Cali.

You haven't upset anyone, it's just about understanding so people can either give you the best advice or an opinion.

Personally I am rubbish on these situations but many people have bought new vehicles so their advice is best.

I was confused by the volume of posts and what the problems were.

Anyway, you now have the Beast, so I am looking forward to some pics.

James

Rich Corrado said:
I have now taken delivery of my new pride and joy and I'm very happy! :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance

Delighted to hear it!!! :clap :clap

Congratulations, I hope you have many happy holidays in it and can't wait to see the pictures of the Cali we have all spent many hours trying to picture :D

Congratulations !
:clap
And well done for sticking with it and pushing hard for that extra discount.....you deserved it after all that stress.......................Now forget the stress....open a bottle of bubbly and enjoy it !
:D

Looking forward to the pictures,glad it all got sorted,have a great first weekend :goodone

Back