Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What would you do?

So, offered a discount and then withdrew it.

Who is this dealer?

Whoever they are there are better dealers around than this lot.

Crikey, I would definetly cancel! My mind would never be settled!
I am purchasing a used Cali from Oli at BMVS and the service has been fantastic. This dealer will receive a commission for this sale, yet is content to display this disgraceful level of customer service...... It's a tough call for you to make!

Buy a ford transit instead :goodone

Cancel the order, place an order with SMG and rent a Cali from Oli for your holiday.

Simplesss :lol:

You will always be looking at the area where the damage occurred, wondering. :headbang

Mate of mine tweets his complaints and tags the people in question.. he recently had a service booked with Audi for his Q5 and he booked a courtesy car with them whilst it was done. On the day off the service he got a call just before leaving saying sorry the courtesy car was not available now and cancelled his service. So he tweeted what happened and tagged the dealer... 10 mins later he gets a call from the manager at the Audi dealer offering him his own personal car as a courtesy and £50 off the service.. when he arrived they gave him a bottle of champagne and £200 voucher for a restaurant of his choice!! (went to Gordon Ramsey's!)

Seems they don't like it when you go public on twitter.

He did the same with a vodaphone complaint and he had contact from a voda phone complains manager via tweeter in minutes of tweeting..

Worth knowing guys!

Hmmmm

With respect is not the situation that you have placed an order....then hassled them endlessly about delivery ........until they want to see the back of you .......

The only real issue is the damage which I agree should be fixed with new parts.....

You have bought most of this avoidable strain on yourself I feel

Well there is the matter of a £1k discount offered and then withdrawn.
These vehicles cost an awful lot of money and very good service should be par for the course.

Come on, "vehicle has been sent back to base to have fly screens fitted". A joke outfit IMO.

I hope he names them, will do us all a favour.

I am sympathetic - to a point. It's quite common for cars to get damaged and repaired before they are delivered, you just happened to see it !

I know you have been waiting for this for ages and got yourself a bit het up but getting a damaged vehicle will always irk you. I would reject it and write a formal letter as to why and cc VW directly. You are entitled to do this and frankly I would recommend you do.

As said before, look for a demo or a second hand van, save some cash and rent one with bmvs or campervantstic or someone for your hols. Seriously. It's not worth it. I had a car that despite asking formally if it had been in an accident was told it hadn't. I then discovered through a third party that it had and while it was all panel damage i was p1ssed. I took the main dealer to court and won, had them seriously raked over the coals by the dealer licensing people and got a massive refund plus lots of other grovelling. I couldn't look at the sar the same way ever again and sold it shortly thereafter. Yes i made money out of that but it stressed me out. Now I would probably ask for someone to pre-dent my vehicle to get it over and done with :D

As I said before if it was me I would tell them to stick it cancel the order you will always have a bad taste go somewhere who gives you service not only before you order.

Ambler said:
These vehicles cost an awful lot of money and very good service should be par for the course.

Come on, "vehicle has been sent back to base to have fly screens fitted". A joke outfit IMO.

Sorry if I have confused the matter but no discount has been withdrawn.

I have still got the discount offered due to the first lot of mistakes and loosing the vehicle. But they were looking into another discount due to the damage.

BerndRos said:
Hmmmm

With respect is not the situation that you have placed an order....then hassled them endlessly about delivery ........until they want to see the back of you .......

The only real issue is the damage which I agree should be fixed with new parts.....

You have bought most of this avoidable strain on yourself I feel

For some reason I don't feel the love for you.

Placed an order, then hassled them endlessly about delivery? I don't think so.

I didn't contact the dealer until they sent me two contradicting emails.

I only became concerned when they lost my California for two weeks and couldn't tell me where it was.

My California is a month late and now it's damaged.

VW said they would put new parts on the vehicle.

Then they lied.

VW make a bold statement saying it's not unusual for a vehicle to be damaged in transport and then be repaired before the customer sees it.?...

So would you please explain how I have brought this on myself???

And for everyone saying that I should cancel the order and buy one second hand, it's not that easy.

I have ordered a black 180dsg 4motion, if you can find me one second hand, I would buy it.

But I'm not willing to compromise on what I want in any way, hence why I'm buying one brand new.

I would love to buy one from Oli as he was extremely helpful when I first started looking but he hasn't got what I'm after.

Buy it & close the door on this mess you want look back once it's sat on your drive & your enjoying it with your family.

Rich

Do what you want to do You did ask forum member " WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?" by asking the question you will get answers that you did not want to here

Go luck.

Well.....if you go all the way back and read your first post.....you come over as the customer from hell.

It's so easy to trip people up and from your post that's how it appears to me.

You ought to chill.

Rich Corrado said:
Ambler said:

I have still got the discount offered due to the first lot of mistakes and loosing the vehicle. But they were looking into another discount due to the damage.

Why was the discount withdrawn?

James

James said:
Rich Corrado said:
Ambler said:

James

The first discount stil stands.

The second discount they said they would look into but never confirmed and then they decided not to give anymore.

HY09UMU said:
Rich

Do what you want to do You did ask forum member " WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?" by asking the question you will get answers that you did not want to here

Go luck.

I'm not disputing that mate, and I did ask "what would you do"

But I disagree with this.

"With respect is not the situation that you have placed an order....then hassled them endlessly about delivery ........until they want to see the back of you .......

"You have bought most of this avoidable strain on yourself I feel"

"you come over as the customer from hell".

Why? because I have inquired about their errors?

In my opinion I am spending a very large amount of money and I feel the way I have been treated by VW is disgusting.

Lets leave it here then.

I will say no more.

I would have a face to face calm cool and collected meeting with them asking them to explain why they are going about this the wrong way,what do they want you to do pay for the new bumper yourself,apologise to them that your standards are very high you can't help it,but your family and you are really disappointed as you won't cancel but seem to be over a barrel without actually doing anything wrong ,if the repair is not to standard you will reject it time and time again.if I was the sales manager I wouldn't want the hassle and bad feeling this is causing .Good luck

It is a difficult situation, and as has been suggested maybe a meeting with them would be best.

Also remember that reading messages on a forum (much the same as email and text messages) can be misread and taken in completely different ways to other people with and without punctuation etc...

Go with a calm head, I would not demand anything as that is not likely to get you anywhere. They have offered you £1,000 discount/refund and are repairing the vehicle to what should be a very high standard.

If you can, enjoy your new vehicle.

cheers

I have read the posts with great interest and can quite understand how you feel, I would have been devastated too. I know someone in the trade who takes out dents for a Ford dealer on new cars that have been damaged in transit and it is more common than you think.

I would reject the vehicle, I had to with an Audi A3 some years ago, not easy once you've taken delivery. The car had a paint fault, visible under certain light conditions and not obvious on collection. The dealership wanted to respray the roof and bonnet but I demanded a new vehicle. I had the use of the original until a new one was delivered. Reading in the motoring press other peoples problems with new cars, it seems I was lucky to reject and not accept the respray.

Compensation doesn't come into play, if you are the type of person who demands perfection. Does an extra £1 or £2k make the knowledge of the damage fade from memory ?
The dealer has probably reached the stage where he has gone as far as he is willing to go. He knows he will be able to sell the vehicle as "new" to another customer, if the repairs are not noticeable.
I think the ball is firmly in your court now.It's pointless trying to escalate this problem and causing yourself more stress, it would be different if you had taken delivery and found the faults. Take your deposit back and go to another dealer.

Hubert

Good luck with whatever you decide.

+1 for reject the vehicle pal, its the only option, you are buying brand new dont forget

I have still got the discount offered due to the first lot of mistakes and loosing the vehicle. But they were looking into another discount due to the damage.[/quote]

James[/quote]

The first discount stil stands.

The second discount they said they would look into but never confirmed and then they decided not to give anymore.[/quote]

Sorry I am lost on this and apologies if it is me.

You said the discount was withdrawn. But it's not, the only confirmed discount still stands, the additional which from your post they never promised, hasn't been confirmed

To me that says nothing promised was ever withdrawn. I don't mean to be picky but a lot of this thread absolutely confuses me.

James

The stress factor is almost as high in this thread as it must be in the dealers showroom. :D

It's like trying to watch a faster moving version of "Tinker Tailor", plots, sub plots, defectors and deals, ... everytime I pop in the scene is different!

If I may summarise.

You want the vehicle. It's as rare as hens teeth with the spec that you have so saying "stuff it!" is not an option. They built it, lost it, found it, dinged it, but now........ it is ready and waiting for collection :clap :clap

It is repaired and ready to go.

You have a deal, some discounts, but not the further discount that you wanted.

You have full warranties in place for everything including the repaired bits.

My suggestion?

After this lot you need a holiday. Take the holiday. take the holiday using the cali now sat shiney and repaired at the dealers.

When you come back from holiday you will probably have discovered a few niggles. It is almost impossible for a vehicle of such complexity as a cali not to have one or two. My flexilight was so flexi when I first raised the roof on mine that it flexibly fell off and hit me on the head.

Can I suggest that, if you do have a few niggles, you take them to a different dealer?

Jen

Rich,

One point which has become painfully clear to me over the last week.

The dealer who repairs your rear bumper and tailgate is the SOLE dealer that you can then go back to if you are unhappy with that repair, even if VW have paid for that 'warranty' work. VWCS will not stand behind that repair, or facilitate its correction elsewhere, even if we dealer undertaking the work proves to be entirely incompetent (Breeze Poole, in my instance, and internal trim rather than paintwork).

So, make sure you are 100% happy with the corrective work BEFORE you legally accept the vehicle.

VWCS, in my experience, is an entirely toothless beast as far as its dealer network is concerned.

Hope you have better luck,

Simon

Back