Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement beam deflectors

In reply to those asking which headlights they have..
Single headlamps = H4 bulbs (twin filament high/low)
Twin Headlamps = H7 bulbs (single filament -two bulbs, one for dip, one for full beam)

I have twin headlights - but the inner one is the daytime running lights, the outer one is the headlights with H4 bulbs.

I have twin headlights - but the inner one is the daytime running lights, the outer one is the headlights with H4 bulbs.
That's the standard height arrangement for the Beach.
Upgrade to twin has DLR below two headlights, one the dipped beam, the other main beam - standard for Ocean.

My users manual says only Asymetric headlights need adjuster.

I would have thought the workshop manual would be the most up to date...
Off to France this weekend, so checked my H7 twin lights against the garage door - definately flat pattern, with left and right to beam at same level, no kick up on the left.
VW don't sell the covers/stickers for the T6, which supports your workshop manual, so I'm going with your advice @Loz. I will have them at lowest setting, and have some black tape if I get flashed, but not planning on much night driving anyway.

I'm going with @Loz & @Kevthegas on this, that beam deflectors are not required when driving on the WRONG :happy side of the road in a T6 with H7's.
Unless anyone knows any different?

EDIT
Just RTFM.....
Beam deflectors are required.

Last edited:
Drive your van up to a white, or even wall. Turn on your driving lights (low beam?) if it looks like this:
\__ \__
then you need the stickers. If it looks like this
---\__ ---\__
then you don't need the stickers.

(the light is under the stripes)

This is for LHD vehicles:
you need stickers with this image:
download.jpg

you don't need stickers with this image:
IMG_6540.JPG

My 2017 VW Caravelle has H7 headlight bulbs (main beam and dipped) and the handbook clearly says that masking is necessary to be legal and to avoid dazzling oncoming traffic when driving on the right.
My previous VW Touran (2009) also had H7 bulbs, and this vehicle had switches in the dipped headlamps, accessed from the rear of the light units, to convert them for driving on the right.
In view of this, I would strongly recommend getting reliable advice before driving abroad without fitting the required masking.

Back