Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement head unit with Sat nav,dvd, bluetooth, fully compatible.

I have one. It's very good value for money. Only issue is lack of DAB which was fixed by adding a separate module for £100

I am looking to one for my 2009 Cali. Marshian have you had any problems with it? Does it take long to switch on? Any problems running apps or Connecting to your phone? Cheers Barry

Barry
The one I have is for the facelift 2010 on dash, so you would need a different unit or new facia adapter for this one.
No issues at all other than poor FM signal which is due to the VW aerial configuration, hence the DAB add on, which is fine.
Does not take long to boot up. Works great with my iPhone 5 and decent quality given in built mic. As for apps, it's not something I've really needed to use, so can't comment on this aspect
Cheers

Thanks for the relies, I got a quick reply from them and they do a pre facelift with Dab Inc aerial. Just need to decide if I can part with the money :)

Glad to see it uses Google maps which is excellent, but does that mean it needs a data connection when driving? If so could prove expensive when used abroad?

The one I have uses Igo mapping. Works fine for us.

This looks the business, if I was changing my head unit now I'd be all over this - my pioneer was £550 +£120 for map updates when available. Never been that happy with it.

Hmmm... On further investigation on the T4/T5 forum the longevity and quality of these units has been questioned. Now erring towards a Pioneer which seems to have a lot of good press! I'll not be using it for Sat Nav so map upgrades are not an issue. Too much info and conflicting views makes this a difficult choice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy with mine! There are a lot of cheap Chinese units around which look the same, particularly on eBay. I tried one and sent it back. So far no ours been in approx 6 months and no problems

Hmmm... On further investigation on the T4/T5 forum the longevity and quality of these units has been questioned. Now erring towards a Pioneer which seems to have a lot of good press! I'll not be using it for Sat Nav so map upgrades are not an issue. Too much info and conflicting views makes this a difficult choice
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I shared your worries when I was looking, but your comment reminded me of what potential Cali owners must think if they log onto this forum when it seems to be full of problems folk can't get resolved ;)

Last edited:
Back