Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement Leisure Battery Charger for 2014 California

G

GCless

Vehicle
Grand California 600
The leisure battery charger has failed in my late 2014 VW California. The VW Van Centre who sold me the van and service it are not interested as they say they are not certified to work on electrics. I believe the part number is
7H7915681B but I can't find anyone who sells them. I would prefer a genuine VW part but would take an alternative as long as it was of good quality and worked with the control panel. Does anyone know where I could find one please?

surely your local vw van centre can order you one? might be worth contacting their parts dept.

Do VW themselves not sell them? Do you know for sure if they tested it to make sure it has a mains supply etc. Kettle type plug plugged in correctly?

Thanks for the various suggestions.

I am not keen on second hand units off eBay and was hoping to find an alternative to the VW original as this is the third electrical item to fail on the van so I am not sure VW badge guarantees quality product for the undoubted premium price. It is also a little annoying that an official VW van centre has no interest in fixing it and the alternative workshop they recommended were also not interested. Frankly their service since I bought the van has been truly awful.

A local independent motorhome centre in Hertfordshire has confirmed the unit is fried but have yet to propose a solution so at present they are looking to see if they can get the unit repaired.

Thanks for the various suggestions.

I am not keen on second hand units off eBay and was hoping to find an alternative to the VW original as this is the third electrical item to fail on the van so I am not sure VW badge guarantees quality product for the undoubted premium price. It is also a little annoying that an official VW van centre has no interest in fixing it and the alternative workshop they recommended were also not interested. Frankly their service since I bought the van has been truly awful.

A local independent motorhome centre in Hertfordshire has confirmed the unit is fried but have yet to propose a solution so at present they are looking to see if they can get the unit repaired.
Why can you not buy the Charger Unit from VW Parts Department.

You have the correct part number.

I would also suggest phoning VW Customer Service and asking them which one of their Dealerships, local to you, have the knowledge and capability of supplying and fitting a new Charger Unit.

Why can you not buy the Charger Unit from VW Parts Department.

You have the correct part number.

I would also suggest phoning VW Customer Service and asking them which one of their Dealerships, local to you, have the knowledge and capability of supplying and fitting a new Charger Unit.

Thanks for your feedback. After three electrical component failures I have lost confidence in the quality of VW original parts so would like to find a functionally equivalent unit of better quality. As the local independent motorhome centre has shown, it's a five minute job to fit a new one so I don't need to pay VW workshop rates if I can get the right part.

I find it disappointing that VW allow an approved franchised dealer to sell, service and do warranty work on California's without the full skill set required and from the poor quality of work they have done on my van so far I have little confidence another franchised dealer will be any better.

Thanks for your feedback. After three electrical component failures I have lost confidence in the quality of VW original parts so would like to find a functionally equivalent unit of better quality. As the local independent motorhome centre has shown, it's a five minute job to fit a new one so I don't need to pay VW workshop rates if I can get the right part.

I find it disappointing that VW allow an approved franchised dealer to sell, service and do warranty work on California's without the full skill set required and from the poor quality of work they have done on my van so far I have little confidence another franchised dealer will be any better.
Unfortunately not all Dealerships are equal. Mine has been excellent so far.
I think yours is the first post I have seen on the Forum relating to a Mains Charger failure on a T5.1.
What other electrical failures have you experienced?

Back