Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacing the Roof Canvas on my 2001 T4

Billabus

Billabus

The canvas on my 2001 T4 Cali is in need of replacement, following years of use and two tears where I caught the front in the closing mechanism. I have found a source for the factory canvas at Busstop.de and am looking for a company to to fit it. I have seen many canvases on vans which are quite simply awful, with tucks and creases and pulls all over. I want a perfect, factory look job doing and am looking for a company that will do this. I am based in North Staffordshire but will of course travel to the use the best fitter. Does anyone have any recommendations, please?
:help

I emailed Custom Camper solutions as suggested to me but did not even receive a reply. I am also surprised to have received only one reply to my post in total. Surely there must be many T4 owners out there who have replaced their pop-top canvas and could share their experience about good quality fitters! I would really appreciate some more advice on his. Fingers crossed, folks. :help :thanks

Best off to just phone Ccs,or use Facebook messenger,I emailed first and got no reply,then messaged on Facebook and they answered straight away.

The £190 stated is just fitting mind,you must supply all parts,canvas,rubber seals ect ect

Fit it yourself its not as bad/hard as you may think I was unsure but just followed the tips and pics in the above mentioned link and allowed myself a day to fit. never attempted anything like it before and had no problems although an extra pair of hands would be helpful if you can get a mate to help!

good luck

My Cali is from March 1996, and Günzl has told me that the newer canvas (the "bis 03") with two openings instead of only one doesn't fit on my car. Does anybody know why, and is there a workaround/mofication available so I can upgrade?

They do an earlier one (http://www.vwbusshop.de/epages/GuenzlCl ... 701070717H), or is the problem that you want the side windows?

No idea what the differences are, but is that around the time they changed from the H bars to the gas struts to lift the roof? Might explain why they are different.

I know about the earlier version, just thought it would be nice being able to look out while stirring the pot ;)
Mine has the H bar, so it might have something to do with that. I don't know when they changed the configuration to gas struts, I prefer the bar as it makes climbing up and down easier for children. One should avoid pulling it backwards, though ;)

TwentyOneThirtyFive said:
They do an earlier one (http://www.vwbusshop.de/epages/GuenzlCl ... 701070717H), or is the problem that you want the side windows?

No idea what the differences are, but is that around the time they changed from the H bars to the gas struts to lift the roof? Might explain why they are different.

Back