Reversing aids ?

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I'm planning on having rear parking sensors as well as a reversing camera.
I presume that if you have an OEM towbar fitted and programmed correctly then the rear parking sensors are disabled when hitched up or with a towbar bike rack fitted. But, is the reversing camera also disabled?
Also, where is the reversing camera fitted, top or bottom of the tailgate?

Thanks for any information. :thanks

I think you are right the sensors will be disabled normally the rear camera is fitted by the numberplate light :thumb

So the camera will NOT be disabled and will still function when a trailer is connected?
Thank you Calikev.

The sensors become very frustrating when doing a three point turn in a tight space, front and rear keep peeping unless turned of completely .---- Wife does come in handy though :thumb :lol:

WelshGas said:
So the camera will NOT be disabled and will still function when a trailer is connected?
Thank you Calikev.

Yes, our OEM rear camera still functions with the tow bar in use (and we can see between the bikes on our Atera Strada rack) :)

Rear sensors are disabled and display shows a tow bar to remind you that they won't beep!

Simon

Thanks shamble. Exactly what I wanted to know, especially as I am considering that particular bike carrier. :thanks

The best reversing aid was an old school black plastic bumper teamed with a delicate right foot.

Painted bumpers have been manner from heaven for the car and body shop industry. One of the greatest bankers of cash since cigarettes were introduced.

timber said:
The sensors become very frustrating when doing a three point turn in a tight space, front and rear keep peeping unless turned of completely .---- Wife does come in handy though :thumb :lol:

But can you put her in the trailer when towing? :eek: :eek:

Hi Jen
Get well , hope you soon are back on your travels. I am also under the Doc. at present, he has banned me from driving, so I feel your pain.
Have a job to get the Wife to drive the Cali. she is quite capable but does not enjoy it :eek:
Rather drive her Golf :crazy
Got to have a Pacemaker ,the Doc. tells me I shall be normal again, I have never been that so will have to wait and see.Keep your spirits (WINE ) up.
Regards Timber.

Hi Timber :)

Thank you, I'm told I can escape tomorrow if all the blood cultures come back positive tonight ...

Told my Sister ..... have Albert outside...engine running ....

Sorry to hear you are going to need a pacemaker... but all these things help us get out and about so good things really

Granny Jen
I have just sent you a private message-----re --http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/Forum.php--- that's if it gets through
Timber

WelshGas said:
I'm planning on having rear parking sensors as well as a reversing camera.
I presume that if you have an OEM towbar fitted and programmed correctly then the rear parking sensors are disabled when hitched up or with a towbar bike rack fitted. But, is the reversing camera also disabled?
Also, where is the reversing camera fitted, top or bottom of the tailgate?

Thanks for any information. :thanks

Hi, I fitted my camera into the number plate light cowl, I drilled a small hole into the cowl and mounted the camera discreetly behind it to a web in the moulding, theory I had was to mount it central on the van. the 7" screen I used clipped over the reversing mirror it is also reflective so is dual use. I wired it all into the reverse light circuit so it is automatic.. there is also a scale on the screen when its on that helps with perspective .. brilliant.. get one..

Back