Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reviews New Club Partner Taylormade Memory Foam Mattress Topper

Re: Reviews New Club Partner Taylormade Memory Foam Mattress

Thanks Mark,

I'm really glad you like the Mattress and thanks for the glowing feedback! :thumb

For anyone who's interested I've been working with John on the roof toppers here's the link....
http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1264

Also some early pictures of a Topper for the California Beach and Caravelle with a similar colour schemes to the beach stock interior.

I just need to work on the prices as the central material is very expensive and this thing weighs a tonne, so the postage is a killer!

Thank you everyone for your help on these projects, particularly John & Steve :thumb

2012-05-02152300.jpg

2012-05-02152332.jpg

comfortz said:
Also some early pictures of a Topper for the California Beach and Caravelle with a similar colour schemes to the beach stock interior.

PM sent, I am keen to get one of these toppers for the Beach.

Hi Folks,

Great to meet some of you this weekend :grin: and thanks for taking the time to talk.

Just and update on the Beach / Caravelle mattress toppers - they're ready for dispatch :clap . The one's pictures will be a limited product and will be for sale on our website and Ebay for £250 inclusive of delivery. 10% discount for you folks, so £225 on here. Also we'll be able to offer a solid grey topper as we have for the Cali. These are £199.99 for club members and it will be £225 elsewhere.

I'll have a chat with Martin and ask if he'd be so king to add them in the VIP section - in the meantime feel free to give me a call. Number in the VIP section

A couple of you guys have been asking for both storage bags for the mattresses and matching dog mats for the space between the downstairs bed and front seats - these will be coming soon - however it would be good to let me know the levels of interest please.

Any other questions just get in touch

:thanks

Nick

storage bag for topper - yes please :thumb :thumb :thumb

also the topper was used for the first time this weekend what a difference, first comfy sleep downstairs :p
thanks dave and lisa

we need a mat for the dog to cover the carpet between the seats.

currently she sleeps in a bed just behind the passenger seat.

Just had a mattress topper made by nick, also asked if he could make a cover to keep it pristine whilst not in use. Nick's was brilliant and not only did he keep me updated on the progress of the topper but also managed to create a new zippable cover made of a waterproof looking material in the same colour. Really impressed with Nick and his company and also the quality of the topper and cover, would definitely use nick again if we decide to do 'the upstairs'.

Thanks for the great feedback I’m glad you liked the new covers! :D

After loads of questions and requests I’m glad to let you know that we’ve now secured a regular supply of water resistant material in grey to match the Cali’s interior.

So as requested by many of you we can now manufacture;

Covers/bags for our mattress toppers when in they’re folded up position and not in use - £24.99 – Inclusive of delivery. (£29.99 for non VIP members)

We have made our first water resistant mattress topper for a surfer with a cali which looks fantastic – these will be £119 – Inclusive of delivery (£149.99 for non VIP members)

Also if someone could let me know the dimensions for the rear parcel shelf / multiflexboard cushion we can manufacture a waterproof cover for that too – It will be similarly priced to the mattress topper bags.

I’ll post some photo’s of the new products shortly – and any comments would be appreciated!
Thanks again to all involved with trialling / photographing our products! It’s a great crowd on here and everyone is very friendly and so insightful! Once again if anyone has any specific requirements for similar product do please get in touch.

Nick

Nick I was going to email you directly but as this thread has been brought to the fore again I may as well post my question here.

The three straps used to secure the topper when folded appear to be a little 'low rent' if you don't mind me saying and two of the three I have are showing signs of parting after only 1 weeks use.

Do you have any better ideas? I may be interested in the storage back if it's not too onerous to use when stowing the bed and of course subject to seeing a picture.

Hi Stu,

I'll be honest we've had a few of the early straps go like this and it was the way they were sewn.
We've used a different method now and they seem to be much stronger - however I will look into getting some adjustable straps similar to the type you'd have on a rucksack, I'd imagine they'll be much better. In the meantime PM me your address and I'll get you a couple of new improve straps out!
Cheers
Nick

Thanks Nick.

Top service :thumb

Recognition where it is due.....

I orederd a mattress late on Monday afternoon and it arrived before 9am this morning (Wednesday). In good time for our trip to the New Forest this weekend.

Cracking service - thanks Nick!!

Andy

great review! does anyone know if the topper will fit flat on the upper bed for travelling, to free up space in the back. we already have the vw california mattress up top.

Hi there and welcome
I doubt very much if you can store it in the roof it would be too thick :boohoo

Need to get me some of these. Just read the full thread and they sound perfect. :clap

Hello everyone,
Not sure if anyone is interested but I’ve have a couple of “slight seconds” mattress topers for sale - [VIP members only] and Just I thought I’d give you folks first refusal before I pop them on Ebay!
Basically they all just have the folding sections in slightly the wrong place. Which means that they are fine as a mattress topper, but when you fold them up on the rear multiflex-board the corners of the topper will get a bit squashed.

So here's what we have...

1, A California mattress in grey, with three equal sections. Normally £108 - Now £80 delivered.

2, A full width Beach/ Caravelle Mattress with yellow insert (Same as the one we made for custard) with the largest section being toward the front of the van. Normally £225 – now £150 Delivered
This one can be seen here . . http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=1640

3, A beach mattress with the striped insert with the largest section being toward the front of the van. Normally £225 – now £150 Delivered
(The picture is further up this thread)

First come first served, so any questions etc, please either give me a call on 01246 825873 or drop me and email on comfortzpets@aol.com

Nick

swigle said:
Replacement topper arrived today (grey rather than black, plain unpatterned fabric, modified template). Replacement was offered by Nick + Comfortz unprompted - I was quite happy with the first topper. But I have to say this replacement is better - the fabric colour is a much better match to the existing mattress pad, and the new template sits perfectly on the parcel shelf when folded. And the zip is in the edge away from the cupboards, so no danger of scratching the units.

I agree with all of John's review. Does anyone need me to post more photos - John's show it in its full glory.

One thing to add - I probably won't be using the elasticated straps provided - the topper sits on the parcel shelf completely flat without them, and it will be easier to unfold without the straps on it

Having now used this topper on various trips in our Cali this Summer I can vouch for how comfortable it is to sleep on. :D

I also agree with swigle on the straps. We also leave the straps of and just unfold the topper at night from where it sits on the rear shelf. :thumb

I will try to get Nick to make me a stowage bag with some grab handles for storing the topper in our house over the winter.

John

Calikev said:
Hi there and welcome
I doubt very much if you can store it in the roof it would be too thick :boohoo

hi
you were quite right about the topper not fitting in the roof but we have bought one and had our first outing - very comfortable and great nights sleep. very glad we bought it.

cheers everyone for recommending it :p

We have just received the mattress topper for the upstairs bed from comfortz as when we were away for a week we found that it needed a little bit more padding to be really comfortable for a long period of time

I must say we are very impressed with the fit and quality just as we were with the lower topper when we purchased that a few months ago

These really are a great accessory and make the Cali sooo much more comfy - Cheers Nick :clap

If i was going to get a topper it would be for the roof bed as that is where we usually sleep.
Great review and Nick's customer service seems superb. Certainly in stark contrast to a certain other company on here who i shan't mention :?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Currently looking for a topper. Anyone compared these directly to the rather scarily priced Brandrup version?!

Back