Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The trespass trap

I am sure it is designed to be used when necessary to give those suffering from travellers just taking over their land. Not many would bother with 1 or 2 nights as by the time the law kicks in the problem has gone!
The law kicks in immediately as it stars ‘for any period of time’.

I can also envisage this law being used by councils to discourage motorhomes parking overnight in popular areas. They will no longer need to introduce bans, they will simply enforce this law.

I can also envisage it being used by councils to purge homeless from sight.

What the government should be doing is providing sufficient sites for travellers to stay at, rather than criminalising then.

Camping outside a campsite will risk a criminal conviction, regardless of how busy the police are.

The problem with legislation that is very restrictive and open for interpretation, is that it is possible to use it on a single campervan somewhere in the wild. It is exactly the kind of agreement with your boss you won't sign - especially when he says: we will never use that rule, just sign here, and afterwards discovering you've thereby abandoned your rights.

(disclaimer: I'm Dutch, so native Dunglish)
I understand what you are saying, fortunately the law has not been passed yet. If and when it does I believe the Police have ‘bigger fish to fry’ unless a last resort. By the way your Dunglish appears fluent!

Any law students out there cut and paste this thread cos it's nearly a perfect example of the nuances to a law! Discuss!

Back