Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS315 Manual needed

cbdubs

cbdubs

Vehicle
N/A
Hi, I have recently upgraded to a second hand RNS315 but didn't get the instruction manual. Would anyone please be kind enough to scan and email me a copy of theirs? Thanks in advance.

Thank you - manual downloaded. This is for the US market but I assume the UK version will be very similar so should give me what I need.

Is there anything in particular you are struggling with? Plenty use that including myself.

Anyone know where you can get SATNAV updates from.
I would ask Volkswagen, but I'm guessing they will sting for £150 + for the privilege of an updated map

Is there anything in particular you are struggling with? Plenty use that including myself.
Yes, two things, I'm trying to set up the sat nav to include house number but this doesn't come up as an option for a destination. Also, I would like it to show my speed but I can't find that either.

I would ask Volkswagen, but I'm guessing they will sting for £150 + for the privilege of an updated map

Ebay or gum tree or similar. Second hand seem to retail for around £30 but you need to check you are getting the newer version than you already have. There is a way to check which version you have using the service mode menu.

Yes, two things, I'm trying to set up the sat nav to include house number but this doesn't come up as an option for a destination. Also, I would like it to show my speed but I can't find that either.

Ebay or gum tree or similar. Second hand seem to retail for around £30 but you need to check you are getting the newer version than you already have. There is a way to check which version you have using the service mode menu.

Don't think it will show speed. Full post code depends on what firmware it has. Is possible to update it. Google is your friend loads of info around.
Just realised you want house numbers so above may be irelevant.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I got mine from eBay for about 35quid, pretty sure it’s a dodgy one though. About 80quid from vw these days. Not very up to date from my experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't think it will show speed. Full post code depends on what firmware it has. Is possible to update it. Google is your friend loads of info around.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It shows the speed limit but not your speed, not always reliable though sadly.

I got mine from eBay for about 35quid, pretty sure it’s a dodgy one though. About 80quid from vw these days. Not very up to date from my experience.

It annoys me that you have to pay for an update. They should offer a free update every 5 years or so. My friend has one of the dash type satnavs and says all his updates are free and happen quite regular

The forum should buy the updates, or a group buy and then hire them out to members for a nominal sum plus a deposit to ensure it gets returned. If they are £150 a go then we could charge say £10 - £15 for an update as I'm sure more than 15 people on here would want to use it. The scheme would more than likely make a profit.

The forum should buy the updates, or a group buy and then hire them out to members for a nominal sum plus a deposit to ensure it gets returned. If they are £150 a go then we could charge say £10 - £15 for an update as I'm sure more than 15 people on here would want to use it. The scheme would more than likely make a profit.

You cant do that with the RNS 315, the SD card gets locked to the stereo once it is loaded. So it can't be used on another one. Im sure there is a hacking method which is why they are so cheap from Eastern Europe but I dont know what that is.

Also house number is part of the setup if you have the right firmware. Mine had it from new so Im not sure how to do this sorry. Your dealer may be able to advise if you cant find it online.

Last edited:
You cant do that with the RNS 315, the SD card gets locked to the stereo once it is loaded. So it can't be used on another one. Im sure there is a hacking method which is why they are so cheap from Eastern Europe but I dont know what that is.

Also house number is part of the setup if you have the right firmware. Mine had it from new so Im not sure how to do this sorry. Your dealer may be able to advise if you cant find it online.

Ah ok, thanks for both comments.

My recent V15 for the RNS510 was £89 posted from South Hereford.

Had Matt not just explained it’s not quite possible. I would have sorted a mini group buy.

Shoot....