Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS315

teeboy

teeboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
My van has a bog standard RCD 310. I have just borrowed a loan van with an RNS315 and it appears to do everything I need, Nav, Dab and Bluetooth, and you can pick them up for £500 (£400 on a good ebay day).

This appears to be loads cheaper than an RNS510. A basic one of these is £500-600, then you need £200 for Bluetooth, and DAB units are like rocking horse poo.

So my questions are:

1 - Am I missing out on much by going for a RNS315 - screen size is fine and DVD playback is not required, as I will use a laptop in the back (also turning off every 20 mins sounds like a major PITA)

2 - Is an RNS315 just a plug and play install (if I get a stick on DAB ariel), or do I have to do some coding like the RNS510, to make it work with the MFD

3 - I assume the RNS315 needs a microphone like the RNS510, or is the Microphone in the unit?

Thanks

Tony

I can't compare as have only used the RNS315 that came in my van.

I've found it excellent - has done all I want. It's interfaced with the ipod dock, parking sensors, MFSW and aircon too.

I'm sure the 510 is better - should be - but I haven't been disappointed with the 315.

Sorry can't answer the techy questions

Not sure about the differences, but 510 has heaps of hdd space for mp3s, does 315 have hdd ?. Also I think the user menues are different, seem more basic on 315 but thats my opinion. Screene may be smaller on 315 ??
I would think it will need coding with vcds to get mfd to work.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Back