Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rcd 310 to rns510

tuono001

tuono001

VIP Member
I'm considering swapping my rcd310, what I think is a rcd 310 dab premium bluetooth, for the rns510 dab.
My current unit has the usb input and aux input in the glove box and I have a mfsw.
1- is it a straightforward plug and play, as I have dab already
2- how big is the aerial for the satnav (since it fits under the dash) though this isn't an essential requirement.
3- is the bluetooth seperate from the actual unit, does it plug in the back, I quite like the fact it reads out your text messages.
I've swapped a 310 for rcd510 dab(fitting my own dab aerial) in our previous cali which was straightforward. Now i have a newer van with a better unit to start and mfsw, a simple swapped doesn't quiet sound as simple.
Main reason for the swapped is so that i can have more music to hand and you can see the artists when scrolling through. Oh and it should sound better if it's like our previous rcd510.
I've looked through previous threads but would just like some clarification.
Thanks

I'm considering swapping my rcd310, what I think is a rcd 310 dab premium bluetooth, for the rns510 dab.
My current unit has the usb input and aux input in the glove box and I have a mfsw.
1- is it a straightforward plug and play, as I have dab already
2- how big is the aerial for the satnav (since it fits under the dash) though this isn't an essential requirement.
3- is the bluetooth seperate from the actual unit, does it plug in the back, I quite like the fact it reads out your text messages.
I've swapped a 310 for rcd510 dab(fitting my own dab aerial) in our previous cali which was straightforward. Now i have a newer van with a better unit to start and mfsw, a simple swapped doesn't quiet sound as simple.
Main reason for the swapped is so that i can have more music to hand and you can see the artists when scrolling through. Oh and it should sound better if it's like our previous rcd510.
I've looked through previous threads but would just like some clarification.
Thanks
The factory fit RNS510 has the GPS aerial in the wing mirror, so you would have to source an alternative GPS aerial. Also, there could be some vehicle coding required as the unit is coded to the vehicle and I'm not sure if you can input the code for a replacement unit via the unit itself, assuming you have the code.
It can be done but I'm not so sure how easy as a self install.
Knowing which vehicle you have would help as my Crystal Ball is playing up.;)

It's for a'13 T5 Beach.
When I did my other swap, in our previous se, I just put the code for the unit in once it was switched on. Everything worked, though there was no bluetooth etc in that van.

It's for a'13 T5 Beach.
When I did my other swap, in our previous se, I just put the code for the unit in once it was switched on. Everything worked, though there was no bluetooth etc in that van.
From what I can gather the Code is now programmed into the vehicle BCM. If the code is supplied with the unit then maybe it’s possible to enter it manually.

You can get GPS ariel from eBay or somewhere like hazydays that sits on top of stereo under the tray. Is what I have & works well

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I'm still on the hunt for a suitable headunit, at a sensible price, then I'll be getting on with it. Don't intend to use the satnav part much as the phone is better, but it's handy to have.

Do you think I would have any problems with a skoda columbus unit, which is essentially the same?