Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Road show and intro ID-Buzz by VW NL

Multi1100

Multi1100

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Was invited a couple of weeks ago to attend the ID-Buzz roadshow by VW Netherlands and I had the hands-on look today!

Must say, impressive! It is not so much smaller than current Transporter, bit shorter, bit lower. (shared the specs couple of weeks ago in another thread)
Had a talk with one of the VW NL guys and learned that;
  • Prices and config will be able via the "VW Bedrijfwagen" site end of May
  • A LWB will be build also and most probably will be basis of a "ID-California" and measured that these plans are (current) reality
  • Build on the very flexible (size wise) MEB platform
  • Build factory will be Hannover (current Transporter and Cali factory)
  • Asked about the co-development of an EV with Ford (Transit), and a EV camper solution based on that, no current plans known by them.
  • see attached photos (with my current Cali parked outside :))
tempImagejNKsVS.jpgtempImagejNKsVS.jpg

tempImagea23mRg.png

tempImage7C1zLN.png

tempImageTw8ldR.png

tempImage2TUlKR.png

for reference; the tall person next to ID Buzz is 2.04 meter (asked him haha) and I am 1.84 mtr.

Thanks for the impression! We had an invitation as well, but couldn't make it, so good that you provide this first impression! Now waiting to see what the LWB California will look like...

I have been in contact with a large VW dealership since the ID-Buzz introduction. I expressed during recent calls my interest in a Cali based on the ID Buzz (LWB). Today they phoned again and said they would have a meeting with PON (importer NL) and a meeting with VW in Hannover. It seems that based on interest/demand, especially from the USA, VW is speeding up the electric Cali design and development, although it is not in production yet. But apparently the intro could well be in 2024!
Knowing current lead times for the T6.1 Cali it might well be that an electric one can be delivered earlier?

Irmscher (German car tuner) has already a camper mode module available for the current ID-Buzz....
u1qyzv0b52v7_800.jpg

Back