Rogue Alloys

Status
Not open for further replies.
JuanVecino2023

JuanVecino2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Rogue Alloys have a 10% off sale ending tomorrow if anyone is looking for swampers or some winter steels.

Some great alloys & steels on there.

If you buy from Rogue Alloys or JB Wheels be careful. They come from China and dont have any valid paperwork to warrant the quality. I've bought from these and its caused nothing but hassle to the point where I am having to change them. Make sure that you inform your insurance that you are buying after market wheels from China with no documentation or testing certificates.

If you buy from Rogue Alloys or JB Wheels be careful. They come from China and dont have any valid paperwork to warrant the quality. I've bought from these and its caused nothing but hassle to the point where I am having to change them. Make sure that you inform your insurance that you are buying after market wheels from China with no documentation or testing certificates.
Thank you. I paused for thought on ordering for exactly this, a concern around provenance.

All their Google reviews are very positive except one, which called them out as being cheap copies. The owner response didn’t strike me as genuine.

Appreciate the heads up. Which brands would you suggest?

I would suggest finding the wheel that you like and then ask the company for the testing certificate. There has ro be some form of quality testing that conforms to eu or uk standards like with any product. I asked Rogue for this and they couldn't provide. Rogue told me that all they do is re sell them from JB Wheels. I asked JB Wheels for the certificate and got nothing. In the end, I wasted about 700 pounds which were the price of the wheels as I could reuse the tyres.

I've now bought Borbet wheels which are made in the EU and have all the relevant testing documentation.

We pay alot of money for these vans. Putting nice looking cheap Chinese wheels on doesn't make sense. In the end t's the wheels and tyres that keep us and others safe on the road.

You just need to do your own research.

Have been looking at some Black Rhino and Fuel wheels recently but haven’t looked much in to the documentation side of things I must admit. Are the testing certificates being asked for by your insurer in order to cover the change or are they for your peace of mind?

Don’t worry, just saw your other thread :)

Have been looking at some Black Rhino and Fuel wheels recently but haven’t looked much in to the documentation side of things I must admit. Are the testing certificates being asked for by your insurer in order to cover the change or are they for your peace of mind?
Insurance.

You bought wheels from us with JWL and VIa testing

You moved to Switzerland and now require tuv approval which those wheels don’t have, we sell those but you opted for our own brand

Thank you. I paused for thought on ordering for exactly this, a concern around provenance.

All their Google reviews are very positive except one, which called them out as being cheap copies. The owner response didn’t strike me as genuine.

Appreciate the heads up. Which brands would you suggest?
he bought wheels from us with JWL and VIa testing

he then moved to Switzerland and now requires tuv approval which those wheels don’t have, we sell those but he opted for our own brand

For those of you reading this post please also read the one in the link below, upto & including page one to three.

it would appear that @SheffieldSteel had been economical with the truth and has mislead this & other forums in a hate campaign, which Rouge alloys have provided their side to the story.

the details provided by @SheffieldSteel , subsequently called out by Rouge alloys as being factually incorrect, can be verified by checking the posts of thd complaintant, which only come into focus when you hear both sides of the story! In this thread : which has duped many here and on other forums !

Read the other thread from start to finish. I loved the twists and turns as the jury determined the guilt or innocence of the plaintiff and defendant. I was about to congratulate everyone on the entertainment value of the thread when to my disappointment found it locked from further comment.

I’m so glad I found this spin-off thread to place my wholly unnecessary comments.

Admins. This is a circular argument with Rogue getting a kicking from someone who is not letting it lie. To me the following appears to be the conclusions:-
1. Rogue appears to be doing their best to sell after market alloys at a fair price.
2. You get what you pay for. "Caveat Emptor" and all that. Purchasers need to satisfy themselves that non-OEM parts are suitable for their application. Safety critical after-market items should always be fitted with the "eyes wide open" approach including appropriate documentation. If in doubt don't fit it.
3. This is unconnected to VW Californias. The issue arose with a Ducato. The OP has not amended his bio to reflect that and to acknowledge a change of location.
4. The OP has not been transparent with his statements and is grinding an axe.

Best to lock this thread again. Admins may wish to consider the status of the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.