Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this normal after roof corrosion repair?

Is this an official VW solution for the blistering? Are they out of their minds?
I had a complete renewal of front top spoiler and roof.
I now just need the new action: tape applying to the front and under the rubber of the roof.
This looks like some kindergarten solution that isn't one! :eek:

Is this an official VW solution for the blistering? Are they out of their minds?
I had a complete renewal of front top spoiler and roof.
I now just need the new action: tape applying to the front and under the rubber of the roof.
This looks like some kindergarten solution that isn't one! :eek:
Yes it is. Its the method they have used for about the ladt eighteen months

Originally there was no tape there. Just painted metal.
This looks like an Original repair, not the plastic cap repair, and someone has put black tape over that area which has worn through.
If the OP goes in for the New Recall then that should be removed and the Clear Foil applied in that area.

The previous owner of my Cali tech had the new plastic cowl fix due to corrosion a couple of years ago and it's still holding up well. You can see the tape in the picture below. Going into VW for the roof taping recall tomorrow, let's see what they find!46322

Ok quick update. The Van is on the back of an AA Truck going up to the body shop that did the repair on the repair. VW said the body shop used the revised fixing method but used the incorrect boding for the revision to seal the cap hence why its pealed away in only 3 months. Should get the van back in 2 - 3 weeks. Can't fault the repair service at all. its just a shame VW didn't get the design correct first time. 3rd time lucky.

Update from the body shop:-
"Having removed the front RCBR cap again it is showing the paint has stuck to the bonding/sealer which is caused by Delamination. This is due to old method procedures and not our workmanship.
A new RCBR cap has been painted but needs to be left for around 5 days before fitting back on.
As of Monday we are at the stage where we are able to fit the new cap back on and bond it so we would estimate that it should be completed by the end of next week at the latest."

Will keep you posted.