Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof Eyelets

Karlos Fandango

Karlos Fandango

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Has anyone ever found tie down eyelets that will fit the roof tracks?

There seem to be lots for the floor tracks but I cant find any for the roof. I'm looking for a sneaky way to tie down a surfboiard without going down the roof rack route. Something like this:

Many thanks

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 21.13.37.png

You will put a dent in the roof without roof bars, The roof is very thin due to it being made of Alu.

Has anyone ever found tie down eyelets that will fit the roof tracks?

There seem to be lots for the floor tracks but I cant find any for the roof. I'm looking for a sneaky way to tie down a surfboiard without going down the roof rack route. Something like this:

Many thanks

View attachment 128862

The fittings you have shown are for the rails inside the van. For the roof you need flat ones like this -
C-Schienen-Adapter-Freigestellt.jpg

However, I agree that direct on the roof would be a bad idea. You will probably damage the roof and I doubt that the surfboard would be secured well enough. You really need roof bars fitted with the pads to allow the surfboard to be properly secured. Thule make pads that fit their roof bars, I assume other brands will be available.

how about going hippie style inside the van, ... said item tied to the roof bed inside?

Ah ha great advice everyone. I think I will go for some wish roof bars. Hippie style works for me but not for two mischievous kids in the back. Many thanks

Back