Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof pictures help needed

Brianc26

Brianc26

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
image.jpg image.jpg fitted the bellows strap tonight and I'm well happy with it. Only issue I have now is I need to repair a small rip from the previous owner, it's on the passenger side window so easy enough to put the patch on. My question is we're is best to buy a matching repair patch.

Unlikely to get a matching patch. Just get 2 and put one on each side.

Give Nick at Comfortz leisure a ring he might be able to help you

Try to close the gap with some tent-repair , sold in campingstores...

Have you tried contacting one of the No.4 body shops who are carrying out the corrosion works on the roofs. They change a lot of bellows and could possibly send you some material from an old one.

View attachment 10039 View attachment 10040 fitted the bellows strap tonight and I'm well happy with it. Only issue I have now is I need to repair a small rip from the previous owner, it's on the passenger side window so easy enough to put the patch on. My question is we're is best to buy a matching repair patch.

You could inspect your front roof panel for very closely for any corrosion, think you are within the 6 year limit, if you find any at all then they will replace your bellows as part of the repair process.

my van is on the list to get repaired, do you think they will replace it ? ive got a detailed list on what should be getting done to it somewhere

Here is the list. It doesn't even mention the main roof corrosion ? image.jpg

That is because they are not treating the bi-metallic corrosion but replacing the affected item.75562399

the report was done via the previous owner, should I be contacting them to ask why the full roof is not getting done.

the report was done via the previous owner, should I be contacting them to ask why the full roof is not getting done.

I think you'll be getting new bellows, seems like everyone who's had the front panel repaired has gotten new bellows. The whole roof is never replaced in any circumstances.

will they just rub down my main roof and paint. its corroded around the seal edge if that makes sense

the total cost is only £1347.25 seems cheap ?

Is the cost for Parts or Labour or Both?

Has anyone else got such an Invoice?

Is the cost for everything on that list or just the last 2 items - the Painting?

Ah, so no parts. That might explain it. Also the Labour Costs might be internal VW costs rather than Public Costs.

Just re read it. It states the front roof only

Latest update. The van has been back to vw for a second inspection of the main roof so just waiting for confirmation on the work getting approved