Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rumour of swivelling double front seat

G

gdg

I heard a rumour that VW boffins had developed a double front passenger seat which would be able to swivel. Whilst I am unsure as to how they might do that - has anyone else come across this? It would be a neat trick.

ggiles said:
I heard a rumour that VW boffins had developed a double front passenger seat which would be able to swivel. Whilst I am unsure as to how they might do that - has anyone else come across this? It would be a neat trick.

Where did you hear this rumour?

Just a local friend who owns a Cali. I wondered if anyone else had come across it and whether there was any substance to it.

If you search on the T5 Forum you will come across a swiveling double front seat. Its very clever and british made I think.
Not sure why VW would build/want a double front seat in a CALI. I like the walk thorough option

The market for the ebay item is (I think) derived from the poor rear seat belt configuration of many 'small' conversions. Having 3 seat belts up-front frees-up the options in the rear.
Obviously these handicaps don't impact current Calis.

Of course the design relies on having huge space behind the passenger seat to execute the turn. This isn't a problem on most conversions with a off side sliding door (hence units behind the driver) but wouldn't work with RHD Cali's with the units behind the passenger seat.

Back