Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Safe lock and Camping.

What a hoot.

Maybe the answer is an aftermarket lock with clear unambiguous and consistent standardised operation!!

But where would the fun be in that :headbang.

I think the buttons on the remote are effectively configurable and can be made to behave differently via vwcds.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So with all that information I should be able to be sat on the backseat with my glass of wine , press lock on the Fob twice and not need to squeeze past the table and clamber over the drivers seat to toggle the door lock switch.

For fun hit the X disagree button for incorrect or like if that will work.

Deadlock means the doors are locked and cannot be opened from the inside. So if you shut the Mother-in-Law inside she cannot follow you. That is the Safelock. The internal alarm is also armed.
Normal locking locks the doors so that they cannot be opened from outside but can be opened from the inside.The internal alarm is disabled.

1 blip on the Remote engages Safelock ie: Deadlocks and Internal Alarm.
Blimey.
Why would one want to deadlock the van, apart from Mother-in-law scenario above?
Wouldn't want to deadlock it accidentally!

Does 2 blips deadlock it then, but leave the internal motion alarm switched off, rather than just locking it and leaving the internal alarm off?

PS is there by any chance an OU degree covering the theory of VW Cali locking :).

But Snowy55 doesn't that have the same effect as just blipping twice with the remote?

Thanks.
I just tried 2 blips on the remote.

Interior sensors disabled, 2 pulls on the handle to open the door with instant alarm, so no good for a quiet exit at the dead of night on a campsite! unless you unlock using the remote. Also means that any one breaking a window can open a door to remove your contents albeit with the alarm sounding.

Setting the b pillar switch to yellow and then shutting the drivers door and 1 blip on the remote disables the interior sensors and deadlocks the doors so they cannot be opened from the inside meaning the miscreants have to climb in and out of the broken window.

This is how mine works, others may be different.

I just tried 2 blips on the remote.

Interior sensors disabled, 2 pulls on the handle to open the door with instant alarm, so no good for a quiet exit at the dead of night on a campsite! unless you unlock using the remote. Also means that any one breaking a window can open a door to remove your contents albeit with the alarm sounding.

Setting the b pillar switch to yellow and then shutting the drivers door and 1 blip on the remote disables the interior sensors and deadlocks the doors so they cannot be opened from the inside meaning the miscreants have to climb in and out of the broken window.

This is how mine works, others may be different.

SO... If I get out of the van using the drivers door, assuming I don't have any dogs or mother in laws inside and I don't touch the B pillar switch, and I single blip the remote to lock up (as I do every day) - the van will be deadlocked and alarmed i.e the highest level of security?
Please say that's correct, otherwise I'll have to go back to the start of this thread and read it all again whilst taking notes

My understanding is that you are spot on - one blip with the remote gives highest level of locking security.

:).

SO... If I get out of the van using the drivers door, assuming I don't have any dogs or mother in laws inside and I don't touch the B pillar switch, and I single blip the remote to lock up (as I do every day) - the van will be deadlocked and alarmed i.e the highest level of security?
Please say that's correct, otherwise I'll have to go back to the start of this thread and read it all again whilst taking notes

I believe that is correct PROVIDING the switch light is red when you get out and don't touch it - ie that no one has pressed it with drivers door open on a previous occasion to turn it yellow and disable the alarm.

Sorry to keep dragging this out, but does the B pillar switch automatically default to YELLOW when the roof is open (to stop the wind setting off the motion sensor alarms)?
I would go out and check myself, but I'm away from my van for a while with work..

Ahh, but
Just to add to the fun
If you lock the van with the key in the drivers door, it puts on the deadlocks, but doesn't activate the alarm
Good for ferry, dog and mother in law

Of course if you turn the key twice, then the deadlock comes off but the van is locked
But Then mother in law can escape

These are my key scenarios:

1. Leave the van in a city centre car park. One blip with the remote enables safe lock (dead lock + internal alarm).

2. Leave the van with roof elevated at the campsite to go to the pub. Two blips with the remote (to lock it, but not set the internal alarm).

3. Lock the van whilst sleeping in (in a dodgy area maybe). Use the switch on the driver's door. This locks it, but does not set deadlock or internal alarm.

Have a got it right? Not really sure when I'd use the switch on the driver B pillar?

Thanks.
You are correct

Back