• Start date
TwentyOneThirtyFive

TwentyOneThirtyFive

Scruffy looking Nerf herder
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement lock for the safe?

Mine came without a key, so I drilled it out (we found 5 euro cents inside!). I've ordered a few desk draw type locks from ebay that look like they have the right dimentions, but none have fitted properly.

Ta,
dan

Thanks, they look similar apart from the plate, which looks to be removable. I'll check the measurements when I get home.

dan

Yes, I'd had a look at the Gunzl site, there's a few things I need to order from there anyway. I can't see a lock on there though? Is it there and I just can't see it?

The locks for the T5's a bigger than those on the T4s, although it looks like they might have some locks that fit in that brochure.

ta,
dan

Frankly we found the safe locking and unlocking to be a nuisance - banging your head on the curved corner of the wardrobe was a common thing for both of us. While it is nice to have a safe, the lid seems so tinny that a jemmy would probably have it off in seconds. We didn't order one - it was on the spec of the new Cali we chose. Good luck with the lock!

Think the safe must be in a different place on the T4s, it's floor level between the bench seat and the body, we need to lift the bench seat seat to get to it.

But yes, it's not Fort Knox, but better than the glove box :)

dan

Mr Gunzl is very good. I normally email and a response comes back within a few hours. His English is excellent.

S.

We replaced our T4 safe lock a couple of years back. I took the old one in to a large locksmiths in London (Barry Bros on Praed Street, near Paddington Station) and they were able to match it with something pretty much identical.

Thanks, I tried the same trick with my local Staples, they just looked a bit confused.

I found a locksmiths shop near to work, so will try them once I remember to bring the lock to work with me.

dan

Back